IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

No I haven't. It's the same one you and I talked about a few years ago. If I remember right you rebuilt an E88? Anyhow I want to do this before too much longer. I have all the parts just no time and the OE E88 runs great on there.

Theses were all Schneider had is what they told me. I have an idea of what to do to get them down but always listening/reading for a better way. Andreas, aka Moelk, installed the same one as.mine. i think he used 175s. I'll get it one way the other just not wanting to start a lash pad collection. LOL

Thanks for helping over the years. You have done some nice work.

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

No I haven't. It's the same one you and I talked about a few years ago. If I remember right you rebuilt an E88? Anyhow I want to do this before too much longer. I have all the parts just no time and the OE E88 runs great on there.

Theses were all Schneider had is what they told me. I have an idea of what to do to get them down but always listening/reading for a better way. Andreas, aka Moelk, installed the same one as.mine. i think he used 175s. I'll get it one way the other just not wanting to start a lash pad collection. LOL

Thanks for helping over the years. You have done some nice work.

Okay- we’ll lash pads are available in most sizes . I wouldn’t modify any lash pad myself, I would just get the correct size . 

• Like 1

Well, depending on were in the world you live parts aren’t as available as in other places.

I live in Sweden and when i swapped my oem cam in my Us spec 240z for a Schneider cam (head had been rebuilt in the USA and the rebuilder wasent as exact/good as he should have been) the lashpads had to be adjusted a bit to get the exact wipe. I left the pads and my measurements to a mechanical school and they grinded them down to the size i wanted (then I could take some off if needed by myself with a small file.

For me it would have taken 2-4 weeks or so to get correct lashpads from the US. This way it took me a couple of hours.

I started with size 190 (that was all that msa had to offer) but can’t remember were i ended up, there were not to much that needed to be taken off the pads but still... better to aim for the exact same wipe on all then just make it work.

//Andreas

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:55 AM, moelk said:

Nice!!

What head gasket (thickness) was used and how tight was it between pistons and valves?

Is the head shaved and how much in that case?

//Andreas

Sorry , I missed your post. Stock Felpro - so 1.25mm. 

Head has probably .025 shaved. 

.090 ex

.120 intake 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well another set back or two. After staring at my valve train I realized my lash pads for the exhaust were to deep in the retainer putting the rocker too close to the edge. So I ordered a larger size and will sacrifice a little on my desired wipe pattern , but should gain more clearance for my rocker .

Also, my BHJ damper came in , but had defects so I had to send it back. Check your parts closely guys ( didn’t sound right did it -lol). When you are paying serious $$ for performance stuff it shouldn’t have defects. ?

427698C5-4124-4633-B5B1-A071275C5E08.jpeg

A3408083-2422-40C9-8632-BD68680FE4C5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

QC doesn't seem to exist much anymore. Good thing you checked.

There was a QC sticker provided on a separate piece of paper with an explanation of why it wasn’t on the damper,  because the damper needed a protective coating, BUT be assured it was inspected. I will say they were very apologetic and sent a return label immediately. Customer service was good. Full review when I get another one

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Awesome! What kind of gas are you going to use with that CR?

And BTW, when I run the CR on your combo, I get a slightly higher number than you do. I get 11.42:1, but I've not reached the point where I'm completely confident in my numbers, What number are you using for head gasket thickness after it's been crushed into place?

I get 11.42:1 with a .120 thick head gasket on an F54 and a 39cc chamber.

37 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Awesome! What kind of gas are you going to use with that CR?

And BTW, when I run the CR on your combo, I get a slightly higher number than you do. I get 11.42:1, but I've not reached the point where I'm completely confident in my numbers, What number are you using for head gasket thickness after it's been crushed into place?

I get 11.42:1 with a .120 thick head gasket on an F54 and a 39cc chamber.

Rut roh - maybe more than I thought ? 

And I shaved .005 off the block -eek

Should be .049 or 1.25mm thick. 

Rut roh!   LOL

Well as I said, I've not proven my calculations to be correct, but with a .049 (1.244mm) thick head gasket and .005 off the block I get 11.54:1

I get 502.45 cc uncompressed volume and 43,55 cc compressed for a result of 11.54. Remember, I'm just a guy with a spreadsheet.

You got any airports near you?  LOL!!

• Haha 1