IGNORED

L24 Rebuild -Again!

madkaw

Still no beer sales on Sunday?  What kind of football town does that?  Something's fishy on the Schuylkill...

No kidding!  The bible thumping hypocrites in my backwards town finally allowed us to vote in Sunday sales.  No more drunken Saturday night visits to the Stop and Shop.  The big restaurants wouldn't come here without 7 day sales, and they are full of sports fans on Sundays.  Weed's next, all these broke farmers with a lot of land.

"Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed."

W. C. Fields

On Sundays the distributors are closed so no... You can't buy a case of beer.

Restaurants still serve as do some of the bars and take-out sources, but no, you still can't buy a case of beer on a Sunday.

Do you think we've derailed this thread enough by now?  :D

Edited by Captain Obvious

• 2 weeks later...

Getting some stuff done, but need some verificaion. Ready to put rear main side seals and I need to be sure so this doesn't haunt me. See pics.

"lips" to the block side, and stake to the crank side. I also noticed that the rubber seal has a slight taper to it. It definetly when in one way easier then the other. Not easy to see, but easy to feel.

Still no head. The machinist found a flaw in the SI SS valves. Defect in the

material. So looking for maybe a better 1.73 intakes.

post-6833-0-05832600-1431016839_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-06383500-1431016866_thumb.jp

post-6833-0-60908000-1431016895_thumb.jp

Getting some stuff done, but need some verificaion. Ready to put rear main side seals and I need to be sure so this doesn't haunt me. See pics.

"lips" to the block side, and stake to the crank side. I also noticed that the rubber seal has a slight taper to it. It definetly when in one way easier then the other. Not easy to see, but easy to feel.

Isn't this described in the How To Rebuild book?  With some other tips about added sealant on the corners for insurance.