IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

21 minutes ago, ksechler said:

Boy, that's scary!  At least you'll know there's no hidden rust when you're done.  

True, plus the ZeddFindings rail is heavier and rust free! I will post more of the install as I go. The front of the old frame rail is still embedded in the lower rad support. Don't really want to remove the rad support if I don't have too....

I will get some good shots of the rail, injectors, and intake.

Meanwhile tonight I made good progress with the driver side frame rail. Got the stubborn tip out and fitted the rail in the old position. Forgot to take my phone /camera into the shop with me so no pictures tonight. I will try and get some soon.
Tomorrow night is the Annual General Meeting of the Z Car Club so I won't be in the shop.

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and advice. This forum and its members are an absolute blessing to us old Z restorers!

9 hours ago, wheee! said:

My main garage is a disaster too...! I need a month off to sort out all my messes...

I feel you on that one!  At least you still have parts of the floor still visible LOL.  I won't bring a camera into my shop for a while yet for fear of being judged :ermm:.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wheee! said:

IMG_4021.JPG

OMG, its the frigging hobby tractor with the snow chains againbowdown.gif:D:D

My garage is just as bad. The Zed is in for the winter and hidden behind all the other junk and garden furniture. Not that I had much room to start with.

Mark, Your project is looking great. A lot of work going on here for sure, but when it's finished you will know it's a solid car and a car to be proud of. smiley_abuv.gif

• Like 1

Looking forward to this fuel rail arriving. Web pic for example.
IMG_1309.JPG.bd8a487af67ec9c6a81aeaab51c

Mine will have a fuel pressure regulator on the firewall and be bolted to my somewhat finished intake pictured here.
IMG_1462.thumb.JPG.346d2fccc20d850fd1c56

And will have my nicely refurbed Cressida 11mm injectors on it!
IMG_2203.thumb.JPG.c38e7313bd24daac69960