IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

What sort of resonator did you go with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty standard 24" straight through that they already had. I was looking for a glasspack, but they didn't have it. Figured the resonator would be enough and it was.. Funny thing, I originally wanted a MagnaFlow, but they didn't have it and went with Flowmaster with a chrome tip instead. Pretty happy with my $300 purchase in the end.

Oh, I extended the tip about 2" past the rear bumper and my exhaust smell with the windows down has dissipated [emoji2]

PMG

Edited by Pmg

It's funny that it seems 90% of comments regarding extending the exhaust tip or running side pipes won't make any difference, when it clearly does. I ran dual exits before the rear axle and there is NO exhaust coming in the cabin anymore. That said, the muffler and plumbing are getting just wrecked on these roads. Will probably try something like you did.

Over the past few days, installed NRG steering hub and NRG quick release, Grip Royal Blackwood Grain wheel.

Pulled fuel tank and soldered up a crack in the lower vent line seem.

Pulled rear diff cover, tapped new M12x1.75 helicoil, locktite and impact BOLTS to mustache bar. Remounted.

Found 2 bolts sheared and missing from AZC front control arm. Replaced.

Appears rear strut tower steel has separated from inner skin. Creaking and banging on both sides. Sealant is cracked the entire length of seam. Don't know what to do there.

Installed wilwood prop valve in front of parking brake handle for rear brake balance.

Installed and fabricated bracket in tunnel to mount wilwood 5/8" MC for factory handbrake lever actuation. Works. Removed stock prop valve at rear axle. Bled brakes.

Replaced front hub dust caps, repacked bearings.

Still waiting on speedo cable...

Emailed GC several times over the past couple months. They're officially refusing to reply or acknowledge they ****ed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a L28 n42 with early e88 head. Don't know much about it. Runs strong. It also have electronic ignition, headers and a 2 1/2 system.

The cost of new mikunis or webers are very high and after i had talked to a guy that races and wrenches old rally cars I went for a weber replica called Fajs. He claimed that they are really good and almost all weber parts fit this carb. Lookes the same to.

I went for 45:s, cost of around $750 for all three here in Sweden. New webers would have set me back $1600.

Then I bought a harada shokai intake from Japan.

Patcon, i dident see that! But i trust the guy i talked to so we will see if it workes or not. If not ill buy the webers and sell these.

Will report back. The guy that helps me install this also installes the same carbes on his 240z and he has had triple webers on 240z before so he will know the difference.

• Mike locked this topic