IGNORED

Mustache Bar Bushings... Anything Special I Need To Know?

metalmonkey47

I still have the clunk after replacing about everything. One thing I noticed is that the mustache bushing stub mount bolt is tapered and it leaves a pretty good gap at the bottom. I attached a picture so you can see. I'm not sure how to remedy this if it were this the reason for the clunk.

post-3522-0-23899100-1419554259_thumb.jp

Found U joints, got a press from work, got ready to replace the u joints, and realized the fackin bolts on the drivers side half shaft vibrated loose. FAIL! 

-Tightened them up, thud was gone!

-Next day, thud came back. 

-Driveshaft came loose. (Been having that issue, I ordered new bolts. PO just stuck random hardware in there.) 

-Still have a little thud with the driveshaft tight now. 

This car is a pain in my arse  :D I'm just gonna throw a new joint on every shaft this spring since they don't seem loose now. Everything is tight, probably just had the driveshaft vibrate loose again. When the new bolts come in, we'll see what it does. 

:D Adjust the slave cylinder where the clutch slips a little.  No more THUD.  :D

Just kidding.  "fackin bolts", that's funny, reminds me of that old Michael Keaton movie "Johnny Dangerously".

"You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves."

"You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches!"