IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Beautiful. Let's not go through that again!!   :excl:

Amen brother.

Installed the cams and timing set today, just have to get the flywheel, clutch and transmission on and I can start dropping it back in the car, with any luck I can get it on the road before they start laying down salt.

IMG_0097.JPGIMG_0098.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0102.JPGIMG_0106.JPGIMG_0109.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 6:31 PM, grannyknot said:

3-4 days away.

Yeah, right. Everything that could suck away my spare time happened since my last post, but she's done, on the road again!  Took it for a spin today and everything feels good, I guess I'll have to observe some kind of a break in period.

IMG_0165.JPGI got such a smoking deal on this new toy I couldn't pass it up, not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, but I'm sure it will end up in a Z at some point. This is an S54  M engine 2001 - 2006, the last of the big straight sixes from bmw before they started slapping turbos on everything.

3.2L, cast iron block, aluminum head, DOHC, 24 valve, variable valve timing, 10.5:1 compression, 8000 rpm red line,  without the cats 343hp without any tweaks. Best of all it is 3.5" shorter than the S38 engine and has a rear mounted sump so installation would be a breeze compared to the S38. It came with a 6 speed manual trans, engine wiring harness and ECU. Something to play with this winter:D

IMG_0122.JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0129.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grannyknot said:

3.2L, cast iron block, aluminum head, DOHC, 24 valve, variable valve timing, 10.5:1 compression, 8000 rpm red line,  without the cats 343hp without any tweaks. Best of all it is 3.5" shorter than the S38 engine and has a rear mounted sump so installation would be a breeze compared to the S38. It came with a 6 speed manual trans, engine wiring harness and ECU.

Would that fit in a P1800? LOL