IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

@Careless came over a few hours ago and helped me put the headliner in, nerve wracking! But it looks great, thanks Raff

DSCN1438.JPG

Most of the mat is in now,

DSCN1437.JPG

picked up the insulation the other day,

DSCN1441.JPGDSCN1443.JPG

Here's a problem I need to figure out, the door leather is duller and less shiny than the rest of the leather interior, anyone know of a product that will give leather a shinier surface?

DSCN1445.JPGDSCN1444.JPG

using oil and vinegar solution would not be a good idea for the doors.

i use a similar home-made concoction on my leather day-to-day shoes that I wear sometimes, and it works, but it's more of a sealer/protectant that goes dull after a couple of weeks. I don't think I'd rub that into door panels.  I'd find something that is really made for leather and probably has some sort of animal pelt oil like a emu oil or something. a lot of the good leather products i've used smell somewhat "sweaty" or animal-like, most likely because they have some sort of animal fat or animal based product in them.  

just a hunch on the ingredients, but the salad dressing ones, IMHO is not a good idea for this application. I think a tinted black leather shoe polish rubbed in well and then re-rubbed with a lint-free cloth to get the transferrable excess off would be the best bet here, Chris.

Perhaps going to the upholsterer like I had suggested and getting a 12x12 piece of leather to cut 4x4 squares out of to do some testing might be a good idea.

Edited by Careless