IGNORED

Most Expensive Z So Far

olzed

These cars where made in JAPAN , in most maps that is the ORIENT

You guys are having an unclear writing problem.

spark more interest on these cars from the Orient

spark more interest....................from the Orient

spark more interest on these cars

Stupid editing software keeps fixing my spaces for me.

Edited by Zed Head

It looks like the bid is at 40k. Is someone driving the bid up hoping to catch a big fish. I would think that at 40k you could build one of your own. There is really nothing special about the car (series 1).

Really nothing special huh? You would be hard pressed to recreate that car for less then 50k. Assuming the resto is at show quality level( disregarding the performance mods), you could spend 40k.

It might not be to everyone's personal taste, but that level of resto mod is a heavy investment. I'd love to see it draw big money for all our sakes!!

Really nothing special huh? You would be hard pressed to recreate that car for less then 50k. Assuming the resto is at show quality level( disregarding the performance mods), you could spend 40k.

It might not be to everyone's personal taste, but that level of resto mod is a heavy investment. I'd love to see it draw big money for all our sakes!!

Sorry, im a little closer to mexico where you don't have to spend that much for body and paint for a good job but I am starting to see where some of the parts are adding up.

Any photos you can share?

I never had the car in my shop, it was about 8,000 miles away. I do have a pic of the diff I built:

https://www.facebook.com/143989191670/photos/pb.143989191670.-2207520000.1407770794./10151061129031671/?type=3&theater

Would love some details on this one, or links if you've got 'em.

Alan would know better then me but a US example is the Frissell IMSA 260Z.

post-798-14150829664094_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread.  But, it looks like high bid ended at 43k.  Anyone know if this was the winning bid?  If you've ever done a full restoration, you'll agree that 30k isn't hard to accomplish.  When other people do the work, there are a lot of labor costs involved.  Considering all the specialty items on this car, 43k might be realistic.

And for us Canadians, with a dollar sinking fast, I expect my build to end up over 45,000 easily. And that's with me doing 90% of the labour. Add another $20,000 if I was outsourcing easily....

And when I'm done, it'll be worth $27,000 on the street... Good thing I'll never sell it!