IGNORED

The Z Compared To A British Classic

rossiz

That video is inspired! My first dream car, nice to see others like it. Amazing tribute. I enjoyed the enthusiasm of top gear, don't know the presenter's name.

I assume at the end he was just faking the non start for the fun?

The presenter's name is Jeremy Clarkson and the show is "Top Gear". I really like it because they are honestly true car guys, and it comes through. Couple that with tongue-in-cheek British humor, and it just gets better. Note that there is an American version of Top Gear and I don't like it.

As for the Jag not starting... You'll have to guess like the rest of us. :)

aw shucks...

have to say i'm enjoying the little thing.

now that i've lowered it and tightened up the steering, i must admit i haven't been driving it in the "classiest" of fashions... more like a crazed teenager ;}

I've considered an e-type, but still went with the 240Z, why ? Although the British make great engines, to my personal taste, I just don't like the styling of the E-type much, the only things I like is the engine, bonnet, spoke wheels and the steering wheel, the rest just looks weird to me, the 3 windshield wipers in front look ridiculous.

I like the styling of the Toyota 2000GT much more personally.

interestingly, here is my little list of similar styling cues shared between my specific z and the e-type in the pics:

• rear "hips"
  • long, sloping nose
  • headlight covers
  • wrap-around bumper
  • center hood swell
  • hood vents/louvers
  • lines of front door/fender joint
  • wire wheels
  • wood steering wheel
  • green paint/tan interior

i've been dying to get rid of the awful chrome tape the PO put on my rockers and the crappy stick-on door bumper trim strips, as they both take away from the gentle swooping lines of the side profile - especially the "hips" in the rear, as the trim just cuts across the top of the wheel arch. problem is, the bumper strip is so stuck on it started removing paint when i tried to peel it off, and the chrome tape just disintegrates when i try and peel it - gonna be a project for the painter when i do the body work to the rear (bumper holes, etc.)

The presenter's name is Jeremy Clarkson and the show is "Top Gear". Note that there is an American version of Top Gear and I don't like it.

:)

There was an Australian Version which aired here in NZ. Stupid show. It didn't rate very highly here.

rossiz I can tell you're gonna end up with a 240Z...

interesting parallel: i bought a ducati sport classic - the GT1000 because it was the more civilized bike of the model range (more upright riding position, ample passenger seat, etc.) and over the next 6 months slowly modified it to be more and more aggressive/sporty, until i realized that what i really should have bought was the Sport 1000 (sister model, with more aggressive stance, etc.) so i wound up selling the GT, buying a Sport and then continued modifying that one :} until i wound up building a bike from the ground up to get just what i wanted. it's a sickness with me...

pic 1: GT1000

post-30163-14150828787981_thumb.jpg

pic 2: Sport 1000

post-30163-14150828788137_thumb.jpg

pic 3: the rossiz modified Sport 1000

post-30163-14150828788675_thumb.jpg

pics 4&5: the full custom (frame, bodywork, everything)

post-30163-14150828789233_thumb.jpeg

post-30163-14150828789523_thumb.jpeg

we'll see if something similar happens with the z family - although i don't see myself building a car from the ground up!