IGNORED

the winter from hell

zhead240

It's going to be -2°F here tonight and we haven't seen bare ground since December 31st. I'm pretty sure spring will never reach us.

The roads are in the worst shape I've ever seen in the 32 years I've been driving. Yesterday, on my way to work there were seven disabled cars in a row on the side of the highway from one pothole. Today, I saw three more in the same spot. The road is being completely ripped up and replaced starting next month, so the state decided not to waste any money patching it all winter. The local news did a story a few weeks ago about it and the MDOT spokeswoman told the viewers that the state doesn't have any money for patching and that they are not responsible for vehicle damage.

Doing junior days at Wisconsin and Michigan ----really son, we need to talk

You can tell your son that I did four years of college in Wisconsin, got really smart, and now live happily & wisely in the California desert. You might also nention that the first sign of spring in Wisconsin is robin tracks in the snow. It's going to be 80º here today :)

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

I feel for you.

You've got all the cold we did not get in Europe this year. Not even one snow flake to be seen this year. I had to grind ice from my windshield maybe 3 times this year only in the morning.

I've also been driving my Z anytime with no downtime due to salt on roads since there was no freezing temps.

Best part is we're having lunch & diner outside just wearing shirts since temps are around 75°F with blue sky & sun. LOL

I've got new winter tires on my DD, they are badly worn out whereas they should last 3-4 winters. High temps killed them :(

• 3 weeks later...

post-21264-14150828150636_thumb.jpg

Had a couple inches of rain to wash the salt away and some 10 to 15 degree Celsius weather.

Changed the oil and gave the 240 a bath.

I think it might be spring:D

I would rather drive the bottom vehicle:cool:

post-21264-14150828149968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Casey_z