IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

On 5/20/2018 at 10:46 AM, Mark Maras said:

@jalexquijano Is there much difference in spark plug color when you compare #s 1-3 vs 4-6? Let's try to figure out if one carb is running richer than the other.

Just took a 20 min ride along the highway at 6pm and a couple of fast traffic lights. Parked the car and pulled out plugs number 5, 2 and 4. Plug 4 now looks a little darker than 5 and 2.20180526_185047.jpg20180526_185047.jpg

20180526_184758.jpg

20180526_185500.jpg

They don't look too bad although #4 is still the odd one. I think I'd try swapping #4 plug wire with another wire to see if the problem moves with the wire. What is your over all impression of the way it's running? Any problems idling for long periods of time? If I was running your engine build, I would expect to have to blip the throttle now and then to clear the plugs at idle. Backfiring in the intake or exhaust? Misfiring at any RPM?

• Like 1

No backfiring either through the intake or exhaust whatsoever. Running nice. I was wondering if before inspecting the plugs i should run the car hard and then shut it down and not as i am doing driving the car around accelerating every now and then, couple of stops on traffic lights and inspecting after parking the car in the garage.

You want it to run best under normal driving conditions which, I'm assuming, is a daily driver. It sounds to me like it's running pretty darned good. No need to go out and run the engine hard just to check the plugs. You can, however, go out and run it hard to have fun. As long as you share your fun with us. Pics are nice, videos are better. I'd like to hear it run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jalexquijano said:

No backfiring either through the intake or exhaust whatsoever. Running nice. I was wondering if before inspecting the plugs i should run the car hard and then shut it down and not as i am doing driving the car around accelerating every now and then, couple of stops on traffic lights and inspecting after parking the car in the garage.

If it ain't broke, don't break it!!!

I agree, enjoy the car now that YOU have set the float levels (with Marks help-THANK YOU MARK).

If you look for problems they'll show up, real and imagined. 

I can't remember what oil you're using in the SUs but I'm thinking in a hot climate one is the best. Don't know but I'm hoping someone can tell you. Maybe ATF would be be best? But I haven't a clue. I run the 20 weight 3in 1.

• Like 1