IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

28 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Car ran great. No sputtering, nice aceleration! :) Even better when the pump measured 4.2 psi.

You forgot the happy face emoji , so I added one. Good news. Sounds like we're getting close. The trace of color on the two plugs looks good. I'm told that the darker tan color that we all used to try to achieve is not applicable to modern gas formulas. Were all the plugs about the same color, especially #4?

Please explain "Even better when the pump measured 4.2 psi." You shouldn't notice any difference in the performance whether the fuel pressure is at 3 psi - 4.2 psi. If you have noticed a difference, I would suspect a float needle valve is leaking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

ill take the 6 plugs out today and will post a picture from left to right

6-5-4-3-2-1

If you can, hold three together. 1-3 front carb then in another picture 4-6 rear carb.

The gas we have around here doesn't get the plugs as dark as the older gas. Mine runs really good finally but the plug's porcelain only gets that good light brown color on about 1/4th that surface.

Edited by siteunseen

Not enough info. Spitting as a symptom doesn't tell me squat. Start over with, WAS it ever running good and work your way into WHEN it started to run crappy and WHAT you worked on. This could be something as simple as tightening choke cable clamp, so think about it. Also include driving conditions before and after and your own thoughts on it. Did you ever take a pic of the six plugs?

Who cruises at 5,000 rpm's?

Pressure and flow are different!!!!! Pressure is not the issue!!!! The water going over Niagara falls has low pressure but lot's of flow...

If you are running out of fuel it's a flow issue not pressure!

• Haha 1