IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

27 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

He needs a timing light that shows rpm. May get a loaner from a chain store?

There's a nice one on Amazon for less than $80.  I may have to look into getting one of those, myself.  My 45 year old non-digital dwell tachometer is probably a bit out of calibration at this point.  Any brand recommendations?

Dennis

24 minutes ago, psdenno said:

There's a nice one on Amazon for less than $80.  I may have to look into getting one of those, myself.  My 45 year old non-digital dwell tachometer is probably a bit out of calibration at this point.  Any brand recommendations?

Dennis

Can't remember the name but it looks like an old flip phone. $100 red and blue backlight screen. amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-5568-Pro-Timing-Light-Tool/dp/B000EVU8J8

It does it all. I like the dial back setting. I put it on 34 degrees rev it until 2,500 rpm and goes to zero.

took the car for a ride yesterday and had to dial both fuel mixture knobs to 4 turns clockwise. 3 or 3.5 turns simply dont work. Could this be attributable to the fact that my engine is not stock and has been modified to 2.6Liters with a Schneider 274F camshaft and pertronix ignitor module and coil? I would really like to set it to 2.5 or 2.75 turns clockwise but it becomes to lean and lacks power.

I will test the car today without the airbox fastened to the carbs to ease the adjustments if necessary.

Edited by jalexquijano

so 3.5 to 4 turns will be okay? in the past the former airtex 8012s fuel i had installed measured 4.2 psi and i could dial it at 2.75 to 3 turns clockwise. Maybe in the end the car does not need the 4.2 psi and will run okay with 3 psi but i will need to open the carbs more.

You've been trying to adjust a modified engine to stock factory settings.  That can be like trying to fit a size 12 foot into a size 10 shoe.  The process of tuning the engine/carbs results in adjustments to settings to a point where it runs best.  Sounds like you're finally just about there.  Button that baby up and head out on the highway!

Dennis

• Like 2