IGNORED

Emergency help needed. Anybody willing to lend me SU's?

Jeff G 78

What a great experience. Congrats on what you accomplished.

Nice trouble shooting too!. Isn't that interesting about the fuel rail. Turns in a restriction or fuel boiling receptical it seems. Well well well... Do only one thing, that is replace just the return line and see if its still fixed. I wonder if you have a slightly weak fuel supply volume and a return hard line that maybe didn't have the restrictor orfice and something and you were dumping too much fuel back to the tank.

I love these mysterys that turn out to be something you wouldn't guess.....

How old were those tires? falken rt-615?

The tires were new RT615K. They had only 11 hours of track time on them. We ran the old RT615 tires on the same car and same track and get 30+ hours out of them. Those are both left side, so the front/rear balance was good, they just blistered and failed. :ermm:

BTW, how do you guys like my plywood rear spoiler and garden edging front air dam? :cool:

Plywood spoiler and lawn edging? Now we're breaking the inventiveness barrier wide open! What's next?

And are you really running with no rear hatch glass? Or is it just super clean? Can't imagine that's good for aero...

Yeah, no rear window. We can't run glass and we ran out of time to find Lexan at a reasonable cost that fit. Since the S30 aero is so bad to start with, it probably didn't really hurt us that bad. We'll have Lexan in by the next race.

As for the aero, this is ChumpCar. Plywood and lawn edging is very common. :)