IGNORED

Final word on spark plugs for L28

Virto

Ended up using BR5ES-11 gapped to 0.40. Fired up right away.

I found the owners manual (knew I had it somewhere) and it states that B6ES-11, B5ES-11, B7ES-11 and the BR variants of the same plugs are all acceptable in the US.

BR6ES, BR5ES and BR7ES are the approved "Canada" plugs.

A 5 is actually a hotter plug than Nissan recommended. Not sure why NGK would show differently. For many short trips where the engine might not heat up completely a 5 would be good. Extended freeway or constant speed trips (normal driving) a 6 might be better. 7 would be for extended trips with expected high engine temperatures and high loads, or racing.

Good to know - I'll probably switch to 6 down the road, when/if the car actually sees street duty. For now, while it's not safe to drive on the street, the hotter plugs will be fine for whatever moving of the car or testing needs to be done.

• 5 years later...

Hi

My experience sharing on last 3 years on my 77 Z.

Year of purchase: BPR5ES-11 (7634). Good crank, summer/winter

Year +1: new NGK wire set + BPR6ES (7811). OK summer/winter but less good than BPR5ES-11

Year +2: new cap & rotor + BR6ES11 (3824) - NOK much harder to fire up! Need to change

Now i am interested in explanation of somebody can...

@Captain:  was there coconut in UK during King Arthur's legend?