IGNORED

Fitting 240Z bumpers and Valences to a 280Z

EuroDat

That exact photo threw me a bit. I have photo's of the 240Z type and that is what those are, but the left one in the photo looks like it's over set (past 90 degrees). I have not seen that on the others photos.

I think the footprint of those brackets may be too big to fit the 280Z valance recess. I was thinking of buying a set to see how they would work.

58 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

That exact photo threw me a bit. I have photo's of the 240Z type and that is what those are, but the left one in the photo looks like it's over set (past 90 degrees). I have not seen that on the others photos.

I think the footprint of those brackets may be too big to fit the 280Z valance recess. I was thinking of buying a set to see how they would work.

What you make will be superior no doubt....

Thanks Chris. It would give some indication of fabrication tolerances, if any.

The dimmension of the bumper bracket would be helpfull too. Just remembered that I have no side mounting point on the 280Z for reference. I'm not sure what the distande from the valance to bumper is.

An imperial tape measure is all I could find, rear bumper, 33.75" between the inside mounting bolts and 44.75" between the outer bolts, centre to centre. 5.5" between bolts on each side which I think is pretty close to what CanTechZ found. The bumper bracket is 2" deep(that is the stand off from bumper to body) 2.5" wide and about 7" long, both holes on the bumper side of the bracket are slots for proper fitment. The distance between the wrap around side of the bumper and the body of the car is about 1/4".

Chris

Fitted the test brackets today. Thanks to CanTechZ and Grannyknot for the measurements. Their measurements made it easy and took a lot of the trial and error out of it.

Here are some photo's of the fitting. The first row is measuring where to drill the hole for the right side bracket. My 280Z has the later valance panel with the strange vertical row of bolt holes.

I need to finish some drawing work and then I'm ready to make some propper brackets.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I already have three plus myself.

RearbumperBracket3.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...