IGNORED

Opinions: Weber DCOE 151's or 18's?

cygnusx1

I currently run a great set of 151's on my 2.8 powered 240Z. They run great, except for a bit of a "gasp" if I slam open the throttle below 2500rpms. Normal throttle, and spirited throttle application work fine.

I just acquired a set of 18's that I planned to clean up and sell. In your opinion, should I swap to the 18's to see if they run even better? I know the 18's are supposed to be better for the L motors, mainly due to the progression design. Opinions? Sell the 151's or the 18's?

Both sets are 40DCOE and I can choose 30 or 32mm chokes.

Edited by cygnusx1

I'm the owner of 18's and they run great. I also have some missings if I slam open the carbs below 2500rpm. To create the "gasp", I really have to slam the throttle faster than I would ever do it at that rpm.

I'm with you regarding the trial of the 18's to check if they perform good but you have to make sure they're in perfect shape with the same jets to compare apples to apples.

and then, you report to us since I'm afraid I would never purchase another set of 40DCOE "just to compare" LOL

Well if I remember, don't the 18's have 2 progression holes and the 151's have three?

Nope, the 18 has 3 holes as well. They might be located and/or sized differently, though.

The 151 has the aforementioned advantage of being able to balance individual barrels, but I'd go for whichever set is in better shape.