IGNORED

I think I have fuel injection problem

jcalace

I stumble also. Can anybody help?

I suspect that it is the ethanol that causes your problem. As for the author of the thread, there could be a lot of issues that contribute to "vapor lock" (which isn't accurate on a fuel injected car.) I suggest that you use the search function to look for threads about fuel injection and see if any of them relate to your specific issue. Most of the things that can go wrong with a fuel system on the Z have been discussed here many times.

If its something to do with the fuel injection you could try the system check by okinjectors at http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Ljetronic.htm. The instructions are for an alfa romeo, but the injection system is more or less the same and the step by step instructions are clear and easy to follow.

Edited by EuroDat

Guys,

I have learned this the hard way in my Z. Vapor can happen (can) if the system is not completely isolated. This is what i mean, if you look at the fuel injection system as a pressure vessel (in our case at ~40psi), there is no chance for air to get into said system if it is seal. With it sealed there fule has neither the space or the needed air to vaporize. But if you have a leaky injector, bad check valve, or an assortment of aother issues pressure will not hold in the system. Once the system's pressure is low this gives the fuel enough room (and air in some cases) to vaporize and thus cause "vapor lock."

That being said, when does this "stumble" occur? Is it during driving, during idling, when you first restart the car when hot? The only time I've ever had problems with vapor lock was when I let the car sit after a drive (a longish one). On restart the car would run really lean for a few minutes and then drive fine the rest of the time.

Hope that help

Jan