IGNORED

S30 in 3d

INST3D

Sorry guys,was on a vacation and didn't even have internet there.

On the 4th of July of 2012 I have created this thread.So the model is 1 year old,he-he.

During this year we've alsmost finished the symmetry of the chassis(as the car is assymetrical,first I'll do all the symmetrical parts), done a lot of beautiful renders,and the most interesting thing is that this progress is the least I can do.Of course the mesh has it's cracks and bumps and that is being fixed during the time.I've been parallely learning softimage XSI and Arnold renderer(all the beautiful renders are from this programm and this plugin),and XSI has enormous opportunities in every aspect.Just look at these videos-they were made in XSI by some talented people:

http://vimeo.com/46490225

http://vimeo.com/54739307

enough said.Here you go.All they are 1920*1080

post-27563-1415082481795_thumb.jpg

post-27563-14150824818508_thumb.jpg

post-27563-14150824818968_thumb.jpg

post-27563-14150824819418_thumb.jpg

post-27563-14150824819871_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been following this thread for a year. Looks like you're on your way to a career in design or engineering. Once the Z is complete that's just the beginning. Then you could try some other stuff, various classic rims, stance and paint combinations, engine mods and swaps, racing models, etc. How about a drag car with wheelie bars and an L-series engine with a belt-driven blower? Or a rally car with roll cage, mud flaps, bull bars, a turbo, and mud spatters? Don't know much about CAM but I'm guessing it's how model cars are made.

A little off topic, but there's a guy in NZ that is downloaded a 3D model of a '61 Aston Martin and is 3D printing it out bit by bit full size to make a replica. Kiwi Ivan Sentch 3D printing a 1961 Aston Martin... | Stuff.co.nz

He also owns a 250GTO replica that looks like a S30 based kit.

Edited by Mr Camouflage

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if there's a free or inexpensive viewer for the CAD's you're using so someone with little or no experience can zoom in, spin it around, etc. There may be free trial versions of those CAD's but by the time you learn the basics the trial period is up. Sketchup has a viewer, if I email someone a SU model I also send a link for the free viewer. Wish SU could look like this.

BTW I measured the angle of the engine relative to the horizontal plane on the body at the L-shaped area under the doors at about one degree with a digital angle meter.

This is an awesome project! Keep up the good work. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I've never worked in AutoCAD but have extensively in Pro/E,Inventor, and Solidworks. When this is complete, I'd love to play with it for airflow analyses, as structural stress analyses. Are you modeling as surfaces, or is there thickness to the sheetmetal panels?

To answer Stanley's question, if the file owner hosts the data files on GRABCAD.com then their viewer will allow for any user to view it for free through their browser.

Well if you want the fire wall area and the area above that which is normally behind and above the glove box meaning you are drawing a left hand drive car I have 1972 parts car I have the dash out of I will take pictures of much later today though someone else may be able to provide better pictures than me and before I can get to it.