IGNORED

Newest addition to the garage.

Diseazd

• 1 year later...

Body work is done.....the block sanding is starting. My guess is she'll be ready to paint by the end of August.

What happened between Aug 2013 and Aug 2014?? :paranoid:

Question about your Panasports - do your front wheel bearing dust caps fit inside the Panasport center caps? My dust caps protrude too far out and it prevents the wheel's center cap from fitting. Do you use some kind of low profile wheel bearing dust cap, or possibly just run without them?

My painter works at his own pace! LOL I didn't say which August. No problem with the dust caps (stock caps). I don't know why yours wouldn't work....I definitely wouldn't run without them. Thanks for all the compliments....they go to my painter though. He's an artist and this will be my best Z yet. Can't wait to see it buffed and going back together!

Edited by Diseazd

Not to derail this thread on your gorgeous car, but a detail choice got my attention. You chose Tokico HP's for this car but I saw Illuminas poking up on one of your other Z's. How do they compare? It's one of those decisions ahead for me - thanks for input!

Not to derail this thread on your gorgeous car, but a detail choice got my attention. You chose Tokico HP's for this car but I saw Illuminas poking up on one of your other Z's. How do they compare? It's one of those decisions ahead for me - thanks for input!

The big difference is that Illuminas give the option of adjustable damping. By turning a small knob on the top of the shock you're able to increase/decrease compression and rebound damping simultaneously (they change together as opposed to having individual control over each direction, as in some high end coilovers). So for driving on rough roads you can soften the shocks to calm the car down, but if you're autocrossing or canyon carving you can increase damping to improve transient response. I'll respectfully disagree with Diseazd when he says there's no difference; there's a dramatic difference between the soft & firm settings on my Illuminas and the HPs simply won't have that. HPs will provide good damping too, so if you don't care about the adjustability, HPs will certainly save you money. But there are definitely differences between the products.

Edited by bacarl