IGNORED

Article: New Datsun Emerges, but no more red rising sun

Mike

I was listening to a talk radio show on the way in to the shop this AM, the guts of the report was that Datsun is to go after the "entry level inexpensive sports/ compact market". The long term plan is to expand the world market of the Datsun brand, but "Sadly, the restrictive regulatory enviornment of the North American market will prohibit the sale of the cars Datsun plans to produce." They went on to discuss the crash testing regs of the USA.

Unless they come out with the prototype 240z that was in magazines a year or two ago, orange and black, i'm not interested at all. Seems like a waste of a good name. Datsuns were raced heavily for R&D. This is why our old Z's will eat cars alive on the S turns. I think bringing back the name on a small compact gas sipping poor performing car is a spit in the face of the name. The 370z wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for Datsun, have some respect :)

I tend to agree with MotoManMike, but keep in mind that it would be entirely plausible for these new "budget" cars to have performance which exceeds the original Z cars'... not that I care one way or the other.

The new Datsuns will be crappy commuter boxes for third world countries, Im not interested in the vehicles. What does interest me is that we may potentially be able to get things like brand new seat belts and emblems that are Datsun branded.

Edit: None of the images of the new logo showed up when i wrote the above, the new logos suck :(

Edited by Kurbycar32

If they start making the S30 again, I'll buy one and have it shipped into the USA, listening Datsun..............

you might try writing that in Chinese on one of their "I'm new to middle-class" forums, otherwise your out of their target audience.

• 2 weeks later...