IGNORED

Door slamming issue fixed-finally!!!!

madkaw

Years for the Kia are in this thread: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?37308-Kia-Sportage-weatherstip-rocks!.

I think the 4 door version will work. I bought the 2 door and had excess to trim. I found a Kia dealership online and ordered from them.

And you found it fully satisfactory both operationally and material quality?

Years for the Kia are in this thread: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?37308-Kia-Sportage-weatherstip-rocks!.

I think the 4 door version will work. I bought the 2 door and had excess to trim. I found a Kia dealership online and ordered from them.

How does the Kia seal handle the up right (driver's side) sharp corner?

• 10 months later...

Interesting topic, I also still can't get that doors to close normally without moderate slamming... And I believe the passenger side door is also not lining up below. I cleaned all the hinges and replaced the dovetails, but still there. So reading this it can either be the seals that are to thick or the hinges that are worn. I will try when I get the car back.

Interesting topic, I also still can't get that doors to close normally without moderate slamming... And I believe the passenger side door is also not lining up below. I cleaned all the hinges and replaced the dovetails, but still there. So reading this it can either be the seals that are to thick or the hinges that are worn. I will try when I get the car back.

I was having problems with the driver side door on my 260Z. I used a tech tip Enrique Scanlon posted several years ago. You can read about it here: Fixing the Door Latch | Fiddling With Z Cars

! Now I removed the door seal and it closes normally.. I put a piece of the seal on the car en closed the door watching from the inside, and shined with a light, and saw that the door can't reach the " 2 " click without a slam, because it starts compressing the seal ( seal is giving resistance, which causes you need to slam ), if i then remove the seal, 2 clicks are reached easily and the door close normally. So I asume the door seal is tho thick.. maybe aftermarket?

The important rubber piece enrique talked about on the clicking/rotating mechanism ( hook ) in the door is still there on both sides.

Edited by bartsscooterservice