IGNORED

Not getting power to all the car

1cem

You gotta short somewhere for sure, and possibly a timing issue...not sure about the second. the wiring however,i just finished going over the majority of my new 77 and found a brake light bulb to be shorting out the car,it was corroded.check to see what else shares the same circuit on the fuse panel. the popping/back firing could be fuel and/or timing, most likely timing.

Shame on you Leon. Everyone knows that there is no flux capacitor in a '77.

They weren't installed until the ZX model years.

You're right, how foolish of me! The '77 had a reverse-flow reluctance generator in place of the flux capacitor. My mistake!

This forum isn't here to do WORK for anyone who shows up an asks a question? Then what is this forum here for if not to ask questions bout problems you are having with your cars? An what I said the car is doing is what the car is doing. That is what I am doing is trying to get it running an sell it. Trying to find the problems with this car is a chore me I would say computer or fusebox problem since the car is only getting half power when you turn the key on an nothing else works on it. The body an everything is sound on it. Just trying to find someone to buy a Z is bout as fun as trying to find out why it is not running. An nothing wrong with writing style just the way we do it here. Well what ever Zed Head to each there own enjoy your little Z an have fun.

The short answer is "No."

I gave you direction on where to find a service manual and a wiring diagram. I also directed your attention to a likely location for your problem. However, instead of trying what I suggested and coming back with more questions based upon what you found out, you just asked for spoonfeeding.

This forum is for Z car enthusiasts, and we help one another. However, we do expect the person asking for help to make an honest effort and be a working partner in the solution.

You say you just want to sell your Z car. What is my incentive to assist you? You haven't offered me any compensation for my time and effort.

You say it's a chore for you to fix the problem. It's just as much of a chore to decifer half of what you write.

I figured English was the OP's second language. In that case, I would expect some incorrect spelling etc. But if not and it's just your "writing style" as you stated, you are part of the downfall of our society. And is spelled with a D at the end. I have no patience for people who cannot even take the time to spell and use at least mostly proper grammar and punctuation. You say nothing is wrong with it... Try asking an English teacher if there is anything wrong with that?

You also might want to watch the movie Idiocracy. It's a documentary :)

Edited by five&dime

I figured English was the OP's second language. In that case, I would expect some incorrect spelling etc. But if not and it's just your "writing style" as you stated, you are part of the downfall of our society. And is spelled with a D at the end. I have no patience for people who cannot even take the time to spell and use at least mostly proper grammar and punctuation. You say nothing is wrong with it... Try asking an English teacher if there is anything wrong with that?

You also might want to watch the movie Idiocracy. It's a documentary :)

BRAWNDO has electrolytes!