IGNORED

Not getting power to all the car

1cem

I have a 77 280Z with factory engine an factory 5 speed manual I have replaced all fuel system, starter, fuses, fuel pump. An when you go to start it the parking light an taillights will come on an the volt guage an the car will backfire. Could it be a fusable link bad an if so were are they all located at on the car? I need to get the car running to sell it.

The fusible links are under the hood. Download a copy of the FSM from the link below. Also get a copy of the wiring diagram from Blue's tech tips. I have a strong suspicion that there is a lot more going on than a bad fusible link.

You haven't supplied enough data to speculate. Was anything like this happening before you made any repairs, such as any other electrical problems? What all did you replace with the fuel system? Did you connect the battery properly after replacing the starter? How long have you had the car? Did you or a previous owner attempt any electrical repairs?

General problem descriptions tend to get general responses. Detailed descriptoins will yield better results. If the wiring hasn't been hacked, you may want to look for wire damage in the steering column, especially if anybody ever tried to hotwire the car.

I would be leaning more towards fuel. Also curious if the motor had been re-built recently. As stated, you need to provide way more details.

Considering the OP said the lights & voltmeter came on when he tried to start the car, I feel pretty confident that there are electrical issues at play as a primary or secondary issue. LOL

I'm curious about how he answers my questions back to him.

replaced everything in the fuel system battery fuel pump starter alt fule injectors cleaned fuel rail out all new fuel lines an never had the car running since i bought it in aug. 2011. lady i bought it off of had it running an drove it to her house were it sat 2 months not started. an lady i bought it off who got it off a guy who owed her money an she was going to crush it an i bought it before it got crushed. already replaced some fuses in it an some fuseable links that were bad. I need the car gone ASAP I got its replacement sitting in the driveway a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 with 351 Cleveland.

Edited by 1cem