IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Went to the local AM Coffee Car Thing this morning...........had the mandatory Starbucks Brew and chit chat. On the way back home on RT 108 I saw a 4 dr 510 and memories flashed back came to me. This '' DATSUN THING " all started with a 1972 4 DR 510 with an L20B and SU's ...... here are some old pics post-25833-14150820905827_thumb.jpg...I drove the crap out of that little wonder and yes blew it's engine/ sold it and the rest is history...;)

post-25833-14150820905206_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72 OJ

• 3 weeks later...

Today I took the car to Jiffy Lube for transmission and differential lube. I have read too many horror stories of those who have removed the drain plug, but could not remove the fill plug, so I decided to simply let them do it. No problems with the plugs, but the diff lube was really bad. It was probably the original lube.

post-23233-14150821167242_thumb.jpg

I started getting it ready for bed for the winter. I picked up some fuel treatment and filled up the tank. I checked the antifreeze and found it to be insufficient, drained out a gallon and put in 1 gallon of non-diluted antifreeze. The car was running cool so I checked the thermostat and found that it had a cut out in it allowing coolant to by-pass it so I installed a new 180 thermostat. I took the car over to it’s winter home (10X20) storage unit. I put down a tarp on the floor and put the car in, not for the winter yet just to get it out of the way while I clean out my garage. I will be picking it up and installing my updated clock (quartz update by ZClocks) and working on some of the electrical gremlins. I would like to get those worked out before putting her to bed. When I do put her to bed she will not only be on a tarp and under her new BRE car cover she will sleep in a Car Jacket as well.

Edited by JLPurcell

Mid-November and we have already had some snowfalls, its gone by now, but soon there will be more.

Last drive was late october and bad wheather the last weeks ended my first Z year, so yesterday i had my Z parked for the winter.

Its been a great Z year :)

IMAG0400.jpg

I've spent the last couple of weeks doing a total refurb on all the interior pieces of my '78. All the vinyl and plastic panels have been repaired, cleaned, and redyed black. I totally disassembled both seats plus the recliner and slider mechanisms and cleaned, relubed, and repainted. Then I dissassembled, cleaned, relubed, and repainted the steering column. Lastly, I repaired my badly cracked dash using the method shown here on the site and it turned out great. Now, if I can get the kids furniture out of my garage, I can finish up on the body work and maybe get the car in paint before I'm too old to drive.