IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

JCCS was awesome, albeit hot as hell! We drove down to San Luis Obispo on Thursday, spent the day there on Friday and woke up at 4am on Saturday to make the trek to Long Beach. The show was amazing, I'm sure there will be good coverage on it, I haven't had the chance to look at my pics yet as I'm sitting in the hotel at SLO right now. Heading back to the Bay Area later today!

With that said, never again am I doing a long trip in that car with the way it is. Ear plugs are mandatory and it stinks. I think I've had a good fill of driving it, time to do some more work!

And here's my chance. The slave cylinder died (again, it's only 1-year-old) on the way in last night. Looks like I'll be fixing that in the parking lot before heading out...

Drove the crap out of my 240Z today and loved every minute of it :) I also orderd megasquirt II and got an LC-1 wideband for my turbo car. Guy at the swap meet here had the LC1 from an abandoned project new in box with the gauge. I can't wait until the megasquirt gets here.

Edited by MotoManMike

Mike ,me 2, drove the crap out my Z , after the coffee/car thinging this morning and busted a cv joint on my rear diff, fun but at price :mad:..........made it home but there is a clunk, clunk....:disappoin

Edited by 72 OJ

Welded in new frame rails, ground down floor patches and firewall patches, primed, sealed and painted inside and out. Put carpet back in. Cut off the worn seat studs, replaced with grade 8 nuts and bolts and installed seats. Sat in driver's seat and imagined driving it with smiles. Sanded down center console and patched PO's drilled holes and gouges with epoxy and then bondo to smooth. Tried out SEM prep products followed by SEM textured surface spray. Incredible stuff! I'll let it cure for a couple of days before final scuff and paint. Pondered thought of installing clutch to starter interlock switch... Installed new shoulder belts from Retro Belts. Noticed license plate light was not working, traced down broken wire and soldered in new connections. Remembered I forgot to order new felts... Currently on Black Dragon site looking up part numbers. Hopefully getting inspected by end of month so I can open her up and get these carb issues sorted out. Can't wait to lay down some rubber.

Hello All,

I could not drive my Z432 for a year due to floor rebuilding, but in Aug it made back.

I replaced front springs new ones, now the car looked correct as factory photo.

You may notice the car has later disk for front brakes.

Kats

post-3193-14150820433068_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820433611_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150820434153_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Fought for hours with door lock installation... Beware of 4 lug lock bodies on eBay if you need 3 lug locks! Turns out a screw that is just a little too long prevents the lock/unlock function. I only gutted my door and replaced the innards from another door before realizing the mechanism that just worked fine, now doesn't. 45 minutes later I found the screw :)

My shiney new uni-syn showed up today. Found an intake gasket leak and kind of fixed it for now, I think... Pacesetter headers are garbage FTR. The flange is too thin, so you need shouldered washers to tighten down both manifolds. They dot fit and are a pain to get accurate! I'm sure I now have two bent studs trying to fix this issue... That and they're thin and flex all over the place when they heat up, y pipe doesn't fit, etc. junk!

Once the leak was seemingly repaired I proceeded to try and tune the carbs. Found a nice stable idle, and it runs well enough for now, until the inspection and exhaust are out of the way. Then it's tuning time...

Picked up a digital advance timing light with tach display. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Installed air leaner and hoses. I need to make something for valve cover to cleaner hose and plug the smog pump intake port.

Running out of things to do, at last.