IGNORED

200 hp club?

John, I ran a Javier head on top of a block I built over 10 years ago. With my old exhaust it was fast on long straights. Dropped a valve though while running 7th at the ARRC back around 1999. I think the Speed Source RX7 won that day. Dave thought that Javier's rocker arms were questionable. My new engine is stronger down low which helps out here on the west coast.

Cool thread. I guess you guys had better luck than I with Rebello. I had him mod an E 31 head for me on my stock L-24. Bigger exhaust valves, slightly hotter head.Also "modded" the Needles for the stock SU's. He said it would be a noticeable difference. It was, as far as mileage went! I was getting 23MPG, now about 16. I couldn't tell any performance difference at all. I was hoping for at least a few more ponies. Last time we talked he aid it's likely the cam timing isnt quite on. I guess I still need to find someone that can help me dial that in better. What do you guys think?

It's a E88 head. Rebello did their "touring" head mods. If I recall, it's larger valves and slightly modified combustion chambers, but I'd have to go back and look at my notes & invoice to say for certain.

Nice to know you got an actual invoice and details from Rebello. I got nothing but a Cylinder head in a shipping carton.

Im not sure. He did call after the install, and asked how it was going. I told him it ddint seem to have changed anything. He had me do some adjustments to the ignition timing at first, then he figured it was the cam, Im not completely sure why, maybe the "symptoms", which were essentially, no power increase.(he thought the power should come on hard at about 4500RPM, which def isnt happening.) He wanted me to check the timing through use of a dial gauge on the rocker arms, which i tried but using a cheap dial guage didn't help much. I need to find someone with a bit more familiarity to help me check the cam timing. I'm still looking for advice.

I've never measured a cam profile so hopefully someone else can chime in. I'm very interested in what you find as I have a new Rebello head sitting in my garage right now. I was planning on installing it on a 3.0 liter short block over the holidays. Do you know what cam was installed? The cam number is engraved in the end opposite the timing gear.

Edited by steve91tt

Steve,

I believe he was refering to the cam timing.

Deadflo,

might want to start your own thread to get help diagnosing your problem.

I've never measured a cam profile so hopefully someone else can chime in. I'm very interested in what you find as I have a new Rebello head sitting in my garage right now. I was planning on installing it on a 3.0 liter short block over the holidays. Do you know what cam was installed? The cam number is engraved in the end opposite the timing gear.

I'm not sure of the specific cam, he described it as pretty "mild". I can try to check for you this weekend, if the number is there as you describe.