IGNORED

Cheap place to buy tools with a decent array of tools.

jccampbe2001

Way back when, I worked in a machine shop turning handles, we had a Kennedy rep come in and I bought a set of rolling box's at damn near cost $1200.00 if I recall. It was one of the best tool investments I ever made. I also have craftsman and husky boxes where you periodically have to repair the hinges, the locks don't work rite, the paint is not so hot, and the casters are junk as well. The Kennedy box is a Rolls Royce, felt lined drawers, ball bearing slides, steel wheels, wrinkle finish powder coat, etc. You get what you pay for.

I've had absolutely no trouble with my Crafstman boxes. I've moved at least 5 times since then and transported each tine and the casters, paint, slides, etc. are still fine to this day. We have, however, really gotten away from jccampbe2001's topic so I'm done......

I also have the craftsman brand and have had them replace 2 ratchet drives and a couple of adapters. You just walk in with the busted part and they replace it. You don't even need your receipt. I felt a little guilty because I was really torquing the drives with a breaker bar and the nut won.

The one thing you will find with Sears is that they run sales that rarely is done by Home Depot and Lowes. Check out the weekly sales and you may find yourself with some great deals. Black Friday is coming up and Sears always has a number of their tools discounted.

One thing you will want is a torque wrench, I picked up a couple on a black friday at Sears for $59 each. That said the parts stores do have great loaner programs for some of the less used tools. I recently borrowed a strut spring compressor, wheel bearing race driver, and currently have out a slide hammer and axle puller. Mostly I am getting these from O'Reillys but Advanced Auto and Auto Zone also have a number of tools you can borrow.

The tool I really like now are the rachet drive wrenches. No need to keep adjusting the wrench in a tight spot. Also make sure you buy good quality phillips head and flat head screw drivers. Cheap ones strip your screws and don't last.

One thing to on power tools you could go with Ridgid an register them online an get a life time warranty with them. Also on the hand tools find out which ones have life time like Craftsman an so on get something that will last an has a lifetime warranty with them.

Blue showed a couple of links , The princess auto is like a canadian harbour frieght , although canadian tire sells what is known as maximum mastercraft , these are good quality that are made For company , very similar to Craftsman from sears . What I want to point out is every three months they rotate inventory and the bargains are there . Yesterdays flyer showed a tune up kit including , two spark plug sockets , a 4 inch extension and a flex head ratchet with a 30 degree bend in the handle for the tight spots . I used this yesterday to get at the plugs on my 92 ranger . Price advertised before sale , 49$ . Sale price 9.99$ , worth every penny in mho .

Chris

Blue showed a couple of links , The princess auto is like a canadian harbour frieght , although canadian tire sells what is known as maximum mastercraft , these are good quality that are made For company , very similar to Craftsman from sears . What I want to point out is every three months they rotate inventory and the bargains are there . Yesterdays flyer showed a tune up kit including , two spark plug sockets , a 4 inch extension and a flex head ratchet with a 30 degree bend in the handle for the tight spots . I used this yesterday to get at the plugs on my 92 ranger . Price advertised before sale , 49$ . Sale price 9.99$ , worth every penny in mho .

Chris

Yeah it seems like if you wait for a year to cycle, and watch the weely sales flyer, you can get most important tools at canadian tire for 45% to 65% off (ratchet sets, wrench sets, screwdriver sets, bit sets, power tools, torque wrenches, etc.

but only princess auto has the roll-up-the-rim tool