IGNORED

exhaust note thread

robftw

Madkaw, I'm 3rd and 4th all the way around the track. My track tires are a smaller circumference than stock. I'm pretty sure that effects the effective gearing.

30 Ounce, The telemetry is from an iPhone app called Harry's Lap Timer. It uses the GPS, camera, compass and accelerometers in the phone. It keeps track of your braking, accelerating and corning g's, speed, lap time, etc. and compares it to the best that you have run. It will output in graphical form or in an excel spreadsheet. Incredible app. Just suction cup your phone to the car, start the app and drive. It does the rest.

It all depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for performance gains then it may be difficult to get much more out of a stock 1972 without making it siginifcantly louder. If you are trying to improve the looks under the hood then a nice coated header adds quite a bit of bling without making things too loud.

I like these engines with a header, 2.25" exhaust, turbo muffler and resonator (like my post #5 above). Don't expect a big power increase but the car is quiet on the highway, no drone at any RPM. In fact, if anything, I would say the car is a little too quite with this setup for my taste.

I can attest that the MSA exhaust system has drone around 2000-3500 rpm range however i think a lot of it has to do with the muffler they chose.. its not so good.

I'm still waiting for my 6'' magnaflow race muffler to get here, i'll be sure to post my results

I agree with Steve- of course- because his name is Steve and his set-up is similiar to mine as far as muffler and resonator-I just have two. Don't know if I would make anything different about the sound.

I think the header makes the biggest gain in noise level.

My 240, with three Webers, on a stock L28, with 6-1 headers, 2.5" exhaust, and a 12lb flywheel.

I think i've seen your car driving around... do you go near blasdell / hamburg area alot? i always see a 240z parked near louis on south park