IGNORED

exhaust note thread

robftw

I'm asking everyone here to help me compile an exhaust note thread for the use of others.

Format:

Engine:
Exhaust system components:
muffler:
Youtube:

Engine: L28 EFI

Exhaust system components: MSA 3-2 thermal coated header and 2.5'' exhaust pipe

muffler: MSA "turbo" muffler

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHqBo_o5NU

I'll have another one monday when my 6'' magnaflow race muffler arrives

Edited by robftw

Here's a before/after of my exhaust:

Before

Engine: L24/E88, Triple 40DCOE Webers, stock cam

Exhaust system components: stock manifold to 2.5" pipe

Muffler: One straight-through, perforated tube can muffler (not much muffling going on here...)

Video:

After

Engine (same): L24/E88, Triple 40DCOE Webers, stock cam

Exhaust system components: Nissan Motorsports header to two separate 2" pipes

Muffler: Two 18" glasspacks in transmission tunnel and two 12" glasspacks at the end, all reversed.

Videos:

I didn't have much time to get a good video of the new exhaust. I will also get a video of the new twice-pipes in the same format as the "before" video, as I get the time.

Enjoy!

MSA ceramic coated -unequal length header 6-2 into two 50mm pipes then into crossover pipe back out into two 18" resonators and then onto two 12" magnaflows. All mandrel bends. Engine is the mighty L24 as in my signature.

Both of my cars are running stock diff's. On my local track neither has enough torque to break the back tires loose in the corners. I ran a tighter track earlier this year and I had to feather the gas on track out so as to not to grenade the R180 in a couple of places.

Sorry but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the gear ratio. I know that both cars are running the same diff in posts 5 and 7 above because I actually moved the diff from one car to the other (long story). I'm also pretty sure the diff is a stock R180 from a 1973 240Z as the car it came from only had 60 000 miles on it and it appeared to be bone stock when I got it. I think these cars came with a 3.36 ratio with the 4 speed but I could be wrong.

Edited by steve91tt

I kind of figured a 3.54, there wasn't too much variance in the r-180. Watching your gear selection it seems your 2nd gear is good for 70, kind of like my 3.54 with my wide ratio t5. I thought the 3.36 was only in the r200