IGNORED

SCAMMER ALERT Please read my fellow Z friends

DatsunZsRule

I knew this guy that would screw everyone at any opportunity, really amoral.

I warned an associate about his dealings and the guy went ahead and did business with him anyway.

After he too got screwed he complained to me that how could this guy do it to him?

Posting is good, but understanding is a whole other level.

Not too far off topic:

I think my funniest Nigerian scam letter recently was to my club email from a woman trying to give me fifty million dollars.

It was such a "Personal & Confidential" letter that it was sent to undisclosed recipients in the To: Column. Funny.

She was not going to give the money to the rightful heirs because they were pagans and she was sure I was a Christian.

If they only knew how ridiculous their letters read.

But as P.T. Barnum is believed to have said; "There's a sucker born every minute".

And as W.C. Fields did say; "You can't cheat an honest man".

Posting is good, but understanding is a whole other level.

Well the way I see it is this - I'm sure as hell going to do the best I can to warn people about dead beats that have nothing better to do than to scam people. People need to be alerted about it and thats what I intend to do as should every other honest hard working person.

That being said If people are still stupid enough to deal with these scammers after they have been warned time and time again then quiet honestly they get what they deserve and I have zero sympathy for them. Can't say they weren't warned.

Edited by DatsunZsRule

• 1 month later...

Just received another new one today (4/26/11) Be aware of ( sammiefishers@yahoo.com )

Just noticed that all of these addresses end with @yahoo.com

I'm thinking it's the same person who keeps opening up new free yahoo accounts to frequently change his e-mail address to try and scam people. What a freakin low life.

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Just got one too:

Date: 26 Apr 2011 08:34:56 -0700 [04/26/2011 03:34:56 PM UTC]

To:

Subject: A message about your ad on Datsun Classifieds Dot Com

GTZ $14,000 in Maine

Hello,

I want to purchase your car is still for sale ? What is the final price and what is the condition of the car? I would like to pay using PayPal,After payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of the car as soon as possible..Reply to my personal email address below sammiefishers@yahoo.com.

Thanks

http://www.datsunclassifieds.com/showproduct.php?product=6100

I'll see if I can lock out his IP address. But most likely he's probably one of 1,000 employees in a single building somewhere overseas. There's a lot of this going around the net and unfortunately too many people to fall into their trap. That's why they keep doing it. I applaud you for thinking twice about thus guy (or girl). I have several warnings, just like Craigslist, warning people to never ship a car or a product without payment first.

In my case I found a really awesome stroller for my kid. I contacted the poster, and he/she told me they were out of Portland. I then asked to cone by and take a look. I was soon told they have no storefront because the products were so inexpensive. They wanted to save me money. After becoming suspicious, I went to the next step. He/she asked me to drive to my local target where I could buy some kind of cash transfer card. A few days later and a trip to target ( I didn't actually buy the card), I replied back to this person saying I was ready. He/she then said great and send me a tracking number. It seemed legit. I was then asked to provide the registration number and password for the money card. I then said wait for the tracking to show up at UPS. Nothing. A day later. No updated info on the tracking. It just said invalid number. I then emailed this person and he/she got very upset. They threatened me, said things related to how long their business has been around, how they couldn't afford to tarnish their reputation, etc etc. I then forwarded the emails, Hostnames, and other data to the Feds. About a week later I emailed that same address, no such user.

Interesting.

I banned his user account for 3 months. I suspect that will be the last of this one.

Mike, I noticed he/it checked "Airplane club" for the anti-spam question. Is there no way to require a correct answer to that question?

Edited by Arne

Yeah I got one from sammie fishers today as well, I was just glad to hear that someone wanted to buy my GTO kit and he mentioned the same thing about buying a car, LOL. Me being the smart@ss, told him u do relise that it is a body kit and not a car that I am selling reason being why it is in the parts ad. Then he mentioned about giving me a certified check/money order. I was like sure you can come and give me the order and we can go to the bank together for my bank to verify it. Heard nothing since ROFL

i banned his user account for 3 months. I suspect that will be the last of this one.

Mike, i noticed he/it checked "airplane club" for the anti-spam question. Is there no way to require a correct answer to that question?

what!!! This is not an airplane club???