IGNORED

SCAMMER ALERT Please read my fellow Z friends

DatsunZsRule

As some of you may already know, I currently have my Z listed for sale on the sister web site to this - datsunclassifieds.com

WE HAVE A SCAMMER ON THE PROWL ON datsunclassifieds. anyone here who has an ad posted or thinking of posting a for sale ad, BE ON HIGH ALERT.

I just got this very oddball response to my ad on Thursday which screamed SCAM. Here is a copy of my E-mails -

--- On Thu, 2/17/11, sam101_nino@yahoo.com <sam101_nino@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: A message about your ad on Datsun Classifieds Dot Com

1977 Datsun 280Z

Good day to you right over there,I will like to know if this item is still for sale and If it is, is the condition still remain as described in the advert?Also I will be waiting for your response at your earliest convenience.Also i can only pay with pay pal.

Have a blessed day

Best Regards,

Sam

http://www.datsunclassifieds.com/showproduct.php?product=5804

My response (to string him along while I did my homework on this jackass)

On Fri, 2/18/11, Jared Peterson wrote:

From: Jared Peterson Subject: Re: A message about your ad on Datsun Classifieds Dot Com

To: sam101_nino@yahoo.com

Date: Friday, February 18, 2011, 12:28 PM

Hello Sam,

I do still have it however it's currently still in storage for the winter and It won't be leaving the garage till spring time when the roads are clean and safe again. The ad is still accurate but a couple things I forgot to mention is the A/C needs to be worked on. It doesn't blow cold air during the summer. Also the gear oil in the differential should be changed again soon. Other than that, everything should be accurate in the ad.

Thanks for your interest, Jared

He responds

--- On Fri, 2/18/11, Sam Nino <sam101_nino@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: REply

To: "Jared Peterson" Date: Friday, February 18, 2011, 2:40 PM

Hi mate,thanks for your fast respond.I am an Oceanographer and am currently on the sea at the moment, i am buying the item as a gift for my Daddy,i want to make it a surprise gift for him,he won't know anything about the gift until they get delivered to him.So i want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you have described. I can only pay through PayPal. So please kindly get back to me with your payment money request to my PayPal email address at(sam101_nino@yahoo.com)so that i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the item up immediately after payments...Get back to me with your direct email address towards fast payment.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Just as I obviously suspected, after doing my homework on this clown, I found he's been playing this scam game on other forums. Here is one of them where he tried this on some guy selling his boat - http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f11/scammers-on-the-buzz-32105.html Very good read :)

So then I replied back to this S.O.B.

"I'm sorry but the "item" just got sold as of yesterday.

Jared"

I have not heard back from him since. Man I tell you, People like this really wizz me off. Sure is sickening and sad knowing that we have scum suckers like this roaming around our world. Like one guy said in another forum, "may this guy fry in hell." All I can say is AMEN to that.

Sorry for the long read, but just want to put the warning out. even though it's pretty obvious :stupid:

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Glad to hear you dodged that bullet Derek. Like one guy said on that mountainbuzz forum "General rule of thumb: If they don't mention what you're selling, if their English seems forced and awkward, and if they use that combination of "bottom price / as described", they are scammers. Don't even waste your time."

This person responded to 3 of my classified ads with the same initial response.

"Good day to you right over there,I will like to know if this item is still

for sale and If it is, is the condition still remain as described in the

advert?Also I will be waiting for your response at your earliest

convenience."

Followed by.

"Thanks so much for your fast response, I am okay with the price of the item and its condition as well. Kindly consider it sold.

However, I will be paying you with a cashier's check. If you can provide me with the name and address to send this the payment to,I will be very glad to issue out the payment this week.

As for the shipment, I will prefer to take care of that. I will hire a hauling company to come for the pick-up of the item at your location. I'm sure this will be okay with you.

Thanks very much. I will be waiting to read from you soon."

And...

"

Hello

How you doing today and your family?I Hope all is going on smoothly.I got a call from the USPS service boss today that you will received the package in your mail box today.

Suggestion

Now i want you to get your mail box checked today and get back to me as soon as you got the payment so that i can tell you what you need to do with the payment ok?Hope you understand that i have include enough money with your item price ....I will compensating you as soon as i hear from you .

Thanks so much for your understanding

Have a blessed weekend"

Be carful out there.

FixItMan

I'm not saying this guy isn't a scammer. He obviously is.

However, I'm just curious how the scam works with PayPal. Is it that PayPal will refund the funds to the scammer somehow through a buyer protection claim? Or is it that a fake PayPal receipt of payment email will be dispatched? I understand the cashier's check scam, but this would have to work differently.

FAIW, part of the scam is the harvesting of email addresses. When you advertise on CL, your address isn't shown. Someone emails you to ask whether "the item" is still for sale. You reply from your legitimate email address that the item is still for sale. Then they have your email address and will sell it to spammers. The best way to advertise on CL is to put your phone number at the bottom and check the box that says not to allow email responses. I've sold a number of things through CL, and I've never received an illegitimate call. Scammers don't call.

Yeah, this creep gets around. The best advice I can give to other sellers is PLEASE do your homework on anyone who responds to your ad.

I'm no computer guru so I can't tell you how they play the PayPal game but after doing some research on this pig, it's obvious he's a scammer and thats enough for me.

Be careful gang :)

Edited by DatsunZsRule

This has been going on for some time. I had a TR6 for sale last year and got the " I am currently at sea." line. Not sure what the scam is but it is everywhere. I doubt that it is one guy doing this. It may have started that way but like anything else people catch on.I am thinking at this point, that it is a computer generated response,and or of Asian origin, thus the broken English. Best defense, do not respond.

Same thing here. I posted it last week. Same line, Same BS.

It's not a "This guy" is a conglomerant of people pulling the same shite, over and over.

Reporting it seems useless as the goverment knows all about it and it continues on a daily basis. You'd think that with our Gov's computer programs that can search every damn email in the word for one word, that they could enter in this idiots Responce letter ("Good day to you right over there,I will like to know if this item is still

for sale") and instantly backtrack it and send a Virus to their computer. As knowbody else uses that exact line unless it's a scam.

But they won't and we'll continue to do their job, of warning people about the emails. So thanks for the warning and hopefully folks read this and learn to just erase it and put that email into the SPAM box.

Dave

I received a check today from this scammer. The check was from North American Title Company for $2,000.00. The parts he wanted to buy totaled $600.00. No return address on the envelope but the postmark is Triboro, NY.

After doing a Google search, I talked to a company that issues checks for NATC. They have received a number of bogus checks, similar to the one I received. The signature is for a person in their company but it's not her writing.

FixItMan