IGNORED

triple SU's vs 6 carbs.

brakelates30

I´ve got a 6-carbs setup on my Z. they are Yamaha R1 carbs on a custom manifold. Made in england and beautifully made. They do their job and require little adjustment. I made the decision cause I had the "flattops":

DSC01919.jpg

P1000664.jpg

P1000662.jpg

Thank you for the comments ! I still have the standard L26 (euro) , and in comparison with the flattops they are great. The engine pulls cleanly, and at around 3000rpm it really kicks in. The idling is perfect at 900rpm, which was always unstable with the flattops.

Next month I´ll be getting a new race prepared L28 engine, so we´lll see what the results are with those carbies.

edit: i´ll throw in a detailed picture of the manifold, so you see the quality of the welding. (ps. dont look at the ugly exh. header, it needs to have a paintjob)

P1000668.jpg

Edited by H3nrY

Now that I think about it, you might be right. And I too had JUST sent in my 2-year renewal when they went belly up. I'd have to go back and look at the magazines, but I think Marc was part of the Z Car and Classic Datsuns, not the original Z Car Magazine. ZC&CD is the one that took the money and ran. :disappoin

Stephen is right. Marc bought Z Car Magazine when it was having problems. He changed it to ZC&CD. I don't think he was trying to steal from subscribers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he felt embarrassed about taking the money and not being able to repay it or supply a magazine. To me it is a shame he left the community. He took a lot of knowledge with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note on the triple Su's, there was a guy here in Phoenix, dave oveida, who ran triple su's. I think it was in 2002 or 2003. Had em on the car for 6 or 7 months but couldn't get them to run right. I think Preston Pratt made the manifold.