IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Im starting to understand what everyone living in snow areas go through each winter now...

We have not had any snow for about a week and a half so...its time to get the Z out.

1. Replace brake booster. - Done

2. Oil change. - Done

3. Realized wiper blades are falling apart, Replace. - Done

4. Noticed how DIRTY my baby was, Washed. - Done

5. Go for a much needed mountain drive! - Done!

oil change and brake booster look at that coat of dust from sitting in the garage! cant have that!

IMAG0338.jpg

All washed up and ready to go..

IMAG0342.jpg

Mountain drive

IMAG0345.jpg

Mountain drive two

IMAG0350.jpg

All better now.

Well, I got the new garage furnace all plumbed and it works like a charm. With the garage doors insulated, it was about 60 degrees in no time. I got my rear brakes disassembled and ready for overhaul. I also started cleaning up the the fuel system and brake hardlines. It's so nice to have a warm place to work. Gonna be a good winter.

Discovered that the alternator had gotten loose. Tightened it up, and was amazed how the voltage climbed from near 12V to over 14V on the gauge. That explains why it seemed like the battery kept losing its charge, the car was running off of the battery only....

Two things:

1) Had a short visit with James (Zealous) this morning,

2) took delivery of my neighbor's 72 from the paint shop this afternoon.

It had to be towed because the engine wouldn't start, (no spark). Will look into that later after doing some re-assemby. Will post some progress pics once I start working on it.

James,

That's good. Looking forward to seeing progress on the repairs. About a million years ago when I was in college, I took metal fabrication courses.

I recall my instructor saying that you were not an engineer till you did two things; cut and joined metal with fire...

I was never good at welding, but truely respect those who are...

Edited by Oiluj
correction

-12 Wind Chill and dark. Replaced a fuel pump and replaced all fuel lines in the fuel rail and to the injectors on a '76.

Used a hair dryer to soften the rubber due to the cold.

Purred like a kitten. Shame about the hot pink colour and smell of 12 dead mice inside.

listing_1877PA170010.JPG

YIKES :eek: