IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Well, some of this wasn't today...

I had replaced the plugs and tweaked the carbs. I had also replaced the speedometer cable and door seals (with the Kia Sportage seals). My wonderful wife helped me bleed the clutch today. (Apparently when a friend was helping me replace the clutch master, he didn't get the line quite tight enough. Oh well, the paint was bad already, and at least he didn't overtorque or round off anything.) I took it for a shakedown run in anticipation for the convention. It ran like a scalded dog. :)

Monday, I am going to replace the sender for the fuel tank since it reads only when it wants to. LOL

I pulled the Tokico springs out and replaced them with my Koni Rallysport springs. The Konis are interesting in that they are a lower verion of the Euro springs. The right front being a bit longer than the left, a few lbs stiffer, and just as low as the Tokicos. I still need to work the Koni struts in as there still very stiff, even on a 1 setting. I also did my Interpart TC kit. Now I have pure 70's suspension and all new.

I bought a pair of new z-therapy carbs to replace my flattops. Got em in today. Went very nicely. My heat shield did not have holes to hook the throttle return springs to, but my hole installation device assisted perfectly.

My idle is a lil rough, which i assume to be the mixture needing adjustment, but i thought i'd give it a couple days running so I can look at the plugs and have a clue to go richer or leaner.

Runs great tho, (after giving a the bowls a chance to fill) it fired right up and went hot it also fired right up. Nice!!!

Thanks z-therapy!

FS4W71A Overhauled

- Disassembled

- New seals

- Refreshed all corroding bolts and holes

- lots of anti-seize for the next guy to have at it

- fixed sticking striker

- fixed seized reverse protective stopper

- fixed seized throw out and collar

- ospho and acid primed yoke

- just need to paint it

New bolts in differential plates

After months of just looking at it and wondering what I should do next to the mess I call my project, I decided to do some easy things to keep me motivated. I took off the exhaust system and broke a few bolts in the process. They were rusted so badly. I just shook my head at how the new/custom exhaust was installed by whoever owned it before me or before that owner. Can I get a *facepalm?* :D I want to put it on a rotisserie so badly and power wash it to death. Obviously, that's not going to happen. I might ruin the car.

Then I took off the big, orange filter box (?) that attaches to the carbs. I have no idea what to call it. It's been a long time since I've worked on a car that didn't have EFI. After unplugging a few hoses here and there, I started on the door panels. Wow, they suck. Such crappy quality. I guess that's because it's 37 years old.

July9thmodding002.jpg

July9thmodding001.jpg

This is an exhaust hanger? WTF

July9thmodding004.jpg

Is that a manifold? LOL

July9thmodding006.jpg

I'm ready to tear this door off and throw it away. Yes, I'm that frustrated.

July9thmodding009.jpg

Lovely rust and crud under the car that annoys me to no end.

July9thmodding007.jpg

July9thmodding008.jpg