IGNORED

ZCar Sales!! What's it really worth?

Zs-ondabrain

Dave, I like the car. And as a former Paratrooper/Ranger I like the color!

Dennis said it right, the right guy will come along and snap that car right

up at four grand. I garn-dam-tee-ya (still got the Texas in me, I don't

suppose I'll ever lose it) I would be that guy, except that I have this

propensity for getting the zoning authorities on my case. Some of the

vehicles I had to sell or dispose of to get them out of my face, I still feel

angry when I think about it. I suppose that blue-on-blue Series 1 1971

was the worst kick in the teeth, that was one nice car.

Distance is no problem, I would use the purchase as an excuse to take a

vacation and visit a state I haven't been in, in a long time. In fact if I did

the right routing, I could do ND, SD, MT, ID, and OR in the same trip, and

then have all 50 covered. (Except for the other 7 Obama talked about.)

HANG ONTO THAT CAR, I'LL CALL AAA FOR A ROUTING AND DEAL WITH

THE AUTHORITIES WHEN I GET BACK!!!! (Just kidding, high property taxes

and insurance rates are also a big challenge up here in the Northeast!)

BTW that Tuff Kote Dinol is great stuff, it is what saved your car. It's a

product originally formulated for military applications, and is basically the

predecessor of the Ziebart process. I had Tuff Kote on a '71 510 and it

was great (thanks for that loss, too, you zoning SOB's (Silly Old Boys))!

All Z Best,...........................Rick (and Kathy too, of course)

I know this is a strategy that will raise a few eyebrows, but it absolutely does work. Raise the price instead of lowering it. If you value something highly, others will as well. They also feel good about beating you down on the price. Many times I haven't been able to sell something and raised the price to have someone come along and beat me down to the original asking price. I can give several instances but they aren't necessarily relevant. It took about 7 months to sell my Volvo 164 but a guy in the midwest found it on craigs list and was hell bent for it. It just takes time. Time is money however. You have to decide if it is worth the extra money to wait or to take a few bucks less and have access to the cash. Plus, it seems to be a poor market at the moment for Z cars, I can't find anyone interested in my 77 280. So, yes, I raised the price $1400 and put it right back on craigslist. Got a response that is ???? right away. If he shows up with the money, he gets a great car and I get a few bucks extra.

That's how I sold my three Datsuns last year. The prices I posted here were $1500-2500 less than I posted anywhere else. Anyone who would have bought them based on the ads on this site would have got a better deal. The 280Z and the 320 sold for more than I originally wanted and the 810 sold for the exact amount I originally wanted.

Well, She may be sold to a Gentleman in Wisconsin. He seams VERY intersted. I've been nothing but dead honest with him about everything and he seems fine with the 72's little issues. He's exstatic about everyting I've done to the car thus far and may also have me do a few things more,with his money, so the car is 100% before he drives it home or has it transported.

We'll see. At this point in life, I'm a believer when all is said and done, and not until then.

Thanks for everyones input so far. I really apreciate it.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, He totally flaked out on me. He ended up getting a "high Desert Arizona rust free Z for more" didn't even thank me for all the pics, 15 emails or anything else, just said "I'm buying a different Z" And never heard from him again.

I am however meeting with Richard, a Canadian Resident, tomorrow to 99% chance sell him the green Z. He's done ALL the paperwork, phone calls and is a long time Z car owner (dealt with many Z's) We'll see.

Dave

Nope, He totally flaked out on me. He ended up getting a "high Desert Arizona rust free Z for more" didn't even thank me for all the pics, 15 emails or anything else, just said "I'm buying a different Z" And never heard from him again.

So much for being a "Gentleman":mad:

He sounds like a "User"!

Hang in there, someone will see the good value in your Z and buy it.

Well, She's gone!! Just got back from the Canadian Border, where I sold the Z to Richard. Great guy, he came down with Greg (Olred70) in gregs 510 wagon. We had breakfast, swapped paperwork and cash and went our seperate ways.

I will miss that car. I was really growing attached to her but at the same time, knew she was going away and had time to prepare for the departing. Gonna put my focus back on the 260Z project and try getting more done this summer. More than would have been done, had I kept the green Z.

Thanks for everyones input and help.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain