IGNORED

What I did today

Mikez73

I fired mine up for the 1st time since last fall today! In October, I finished up rebuilding the front end. I drove it for a 10 mile test drive and the next weekend, put it up on jackstands to start the rear end rebuild. Between the winter months, (I dont have a heated garage) to working 6 straight weeks this spring, then throw in family obligations, its has been hard to find the time to work on it.

I ripped the entire rear end out, scrubbed, wire wheeled and wire brushed the underside from the diff mount area back to the rear valance. What a disgusting job that was. No rust on any of the components, just filth. Repainted the tank, the Lower control arms, mustache bar, diff, etc. Put in one of Daves R/t Mounts. Installed a new e-brake cable, Illuminas, Eibachs, E/S poly bushings, spindle pins, brake shoes and hardware.

Yesterday, I installed the left hub assembly, today, the rear sway bar, connected the half shafts, built up the brakes, hooked up the new e-brake cable. Poured 5 gallons in it and fired it up while still on the stands. Another couple hours and I should be road testing it for the first time in 9 months.

I wish I could say its been easy, this thing has kicked my a$$ every step of the way! It has been so hot here the past couple days it was almost unbearable in the garage but 2 days with nothing planned is a rarity!

Well, finished up sanding on the '73 and it's off to Lance's shop for some 901 silver.:) Should have it back in a month or less. Now it's time to clean parts and get items ready for re-assembly.

Saw this sticker on the back of a panel and don't understand a word it says. :ermm: Looks like a man with four arms and a funky hat walking near his house.

post-19125-14150811739869_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150811740455_thumb.jpg

post-19125-1415081174104_thumb.jpg

Saw this sticker on the back of a panel and don't understand a word it says. :ermm: Looks like a man with four arms and a funky hat walking near his house.
It's a Japanese chewinggum paper, it say strawberry flavor, just toss it out. :D

Chris

Edited by ChrisZ

I'm on a rattle hunt today. While I had the interior out I decided to dynomat the strut towers and interior wheel arches. I'm not normally a fan of he baked potato look when it comes to dynomat but I suspect that I'm getting a bunch of road noise from these spots so I hit them harder than the rest of the interior.

post-20531-14150811788608_thumb.jpg

post-20531-1415081178814_thumb.jpg

I pulled out my "truck style" 280Z steering wheel today, and installed a 240Z steering wheel.

Before and after pics.

Yeah man..... That the right stuff.... I love the up close and person feel

of the 240Z steering.....

Jay

Not justa Z - ZDisease

Well, finished up sanding on the '73 and it's off to Lance's shop for some 901 silver.:) Should have it back in a month or less. Now it's time to clean parts and get items ready for re-assembly.

Today I found an original 240Z Owners Guide is the glove compartment

of the 72 parts car.... sweet....

Jay

Not just a Z - ZDisease