IGNORED

What I did today

Mikez73

Put in all new injector seals / o-rings to cure a small vacuum leak from #1 & 2.

Fairly simple job with the Palnet fuel rail. (seals were $4.58, enough for 8 injectors)

Also did a Seafoam treatment & installed a fresh set of NGK plugs.

I installed the later style rubber shifter boot and secured it with a retainer ring that I had made at the local high school metal shop. I needed to use the later style boot which is held in place by the ring and four screws because I upgraded my '71 to a five speed and had to enlarge the hole in the transmission tunnel.

Then it was time to put the center console back in, secure the fuse box and choke lever, and reattach the AC control switch. I wish I had small Japanese hands when it comes to jobs like that.

Dennis

I'm just screwing around with some cosmetic stuff. I'm blacking out some shiny parts. I need some blackout tape for the window trim. Thinking about painting the door handles. Here's what I've got so far:

05-30-10_003sm-t.jpg

05-30-10_005sm-t.jpg

05-30-10_007sm-t.jpg

Ran the motor with the new freeze plugs, only to find that the center one, near #4 cyl was tinkling on the header. So I pounded it in a little further and it's good.

BUT......... I found a drip, drip, drip under the water pulley. Turns out that my water pump suffered a blow out and I think the bearing is bad. So I had to order a new water pump. I'm suppost to be getting ready for the 500 mile round trip to Canby, and I keep blowing crap up and destroying stuff. Dammit.

AND. I repeat AND.... I blew a headlight tonight on the Green Bean (The 72')

If it ain't 1 thing (say it with me now) "IT'S ANOTHER"

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I got 2 drivable 240Z's and I have to keep swapping between them due to issues here and there. Get's a little anoying trying to figure out which one needs to be in the garage for the next day.

I know, you say "But Dave, you got 2 fricken drivable Z's, Quitcher Bitchin!!" I can't help it, I gotta vent somewhere.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

It has to get worse before it gets better ;) At least it's back on now. It looks pretty good after I got the filler shaped and sprayed some sealing primer on it. I'll get pics of that later.

BTW does anybody know a part number or a reasonable facsimile for the cushion material in the whatchacallit in the upper left? Mine are like crumbly cork.

06-07-10_008.jpg

Oh and doesn't this look cool.

06-07-10_004.jpg

I saw a lot of pics of cars when I was looking for an s30 and what I thought was rust on a lot of them I know now was probably adhesive residue.

And that stuff is damned hard to remove...