IGNORED

My 260Z brake rebuild

g9m3c

Thanks for researching that. I will probably go back to advance and have them order another set on their dime. Then have them look it up to see that the kits are incomplete compared to the dorman site.

If advance doesn't want to do that, then I will go the route you just did.

BTW, those hoses are sluts I tell you, sluts!

To hell with form, I just pasted what you wrote and wrote another one of my own.

I would get the msa hoses, but the ones I have are new and will keep them until the rear cylinders are bad, but they are also new and expensive.

Edited by Darrel

Thanks for researching that. I will probably go back to advance and have them order another set on their dime. Then have them look it up to see that the kits are incomplete compared to the dorman site.

If advance doesn't want to do that, then I will go the route you just did.

BTW, those hoses are sluts I tell you, sluts!

To hell with form, I just pasted what you wrote and wrote another one of my own.

I would get the msa hoses, but the ones I have are new and will keep them until the rear cylinders are bad, but they are also new and expensive.

LOL

Yea, I'm hoping that my wheel cylinders are in OK shape so that I can rebuild them. They are quite expensive. I haven't taken my drums off yet. Were yours in good shape? I'm guessing that the inner lining of them is a pressed-in steel assembly? I really hope I do not have to buy those either. :cry:

The car sat 14 years and I didn't want to take a chance so I bought new. Oddly, the calipers are just as old and I didn't bother with those at all, just new hoses all the way around. But hey, they have held up for 6 yrs with numerous track days and 2400 mile RT vacation.

I'm sure the others are rebuildable. I have them someplace in my shed., at least I think I do.

I don't know if i even have them, I might have seen one of them once. I really wish I would have saved all the bits to rebuild,, brake master, clutch master, slave cylinder etc.

Ok, I'll let you slide this time. :finger:

Here's a bit more progress. The backing plate took by far the most amount of time to clean and prep for paint than anything else. I'm guessing it hasn't been clean since September of 1974. LOL This was pretty good progress for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, believe it or not. :)

brake15.jpg

That really looks good, i know mine will need to be cleaned and painted also. This might be a dumb question, what type of paint are you using to on your calipers and back plate ?

I'm kind of taking a gamble with my caliper paint. I used Dupli-Color's Engine Enamel. It says it has a 500* temp. rating. Hopefully it'll hold up alright. I'm going to bleed them with a hose on the bleeder screw so as not to get fluid on them. I painted the backing plate with their wheel coating. It has a milder temp rating but it also says "chemical resistant". Whether that includes brake fluid or not, we'll see.