IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

I don't, however, have a clue what this statement here is about. Me?
Not about you at all. The other members got it right. I was responding to a post by the now banned shill 'John-Sparks'. With his actual post gone, the focus of my post was lost except for the quote in Gary's post (#117) And the lost contunuity caused by the deletion of that post even caused torker to react to my comment in a way that it was not meant......

• 3 months later...
WEll I think the blog has it right. He can and should get half the asking price of 85000. But even at that level, I am afraid he would be lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Worlds-Finest-Datsun-240Z-/290549073822?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a613079e

He's at more than 2/3's the asking price now with 2 days to go. Reserve has been met. This should be fun to watch.

That car absolutely takes your breath away. It's the kind of Z that could change the streak of low Z prices at Barrett Jackson or any other high scale auction. Best of luck to you Jared.......you've built a true masterpiece!!!

Edited by Diseazd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Worlds-Finest-Datsun-240Z-/290549073822?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a613079e

He's at more than 2/3's the asking price now with 2 days to go. Reserve has been met. This should be fun to watch.

Well 59 to 60k is not insane money for what it would take to make this car if you did none of the labor yourself. So I think that is fare. 125 was just on another planet insane. But I may be proven wrong. 2 more days and we will know. If the reserve has been met already at 59, then you can see he was realistic with the pricing this time around. If he truly believed it was worth 125k, he would have kept the reserve much higher than sub 59k. Still I wish him luck!

It looks like we have a battle for the self proclaimed titled of "the worlds finest 240z" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240Z-RB26-N1-Worlds-Finest-240Z-RB26-GTR-N1-Nur-Spec-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1a8b43adQQitemZ120704418733QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks. This one has one bid at the staring price of $49K with the reserve not met, a BIN of $69K, and 9 days to go. Time to start putting RB26 and SR20DET engines in your Z I guess.

-Mike

No thanks. But I can understand why this is happening. A changing of the guard is happening in the collector car world. The old baby boomers that drove up the prices of the muscle cars are fading away and the generation after who grew up dreaming of skylines and silvia's are coming into money now. Not that rare. Cars that were popular to kids of an older generation become in vogue again 30 years later when they can actually afford them.

But if I compared the two, I would say Jared has done a far better job presenting his than the blue car guy. If Jared does not get 69, the blue guy definitely will not. But again, we will see! :)

Carl:

Thanks much. I remember this being an issue in previous Zs that I've owned. Didn't know if it was because of bad gaskets/grommets/etc or what. I'll have them extend it though.

We're ceramic coating the whole thing, yes. Thanks for saying that the work is nice. I thought so too, but some comments have lead me to question my judgement.

BLAKTOUT

Don't let anyone make you second guess your craftsmanship or your imagination. I would be willing to lay odds that anyone who has seen it or will see it will wish it were theirs (without the build expense of course) and the rest of us enthusiasts wish we had the money and time to rebuild ours to a more exotic final state. I applaud your efforts and indeed you are blessed to have something you really want out of life at least once. Keep up the good work.:beer: