IGNORED

Oregon or Bust!

Hey man its farther to go back then finish. And thats what im gonna do

Had my best ride yet in the Z. I - 70 through the rockies, past denver. Gorgeous ride up the mountains. Got up to about 11000 feet! The Z handled it like a champ. Except for one thing. The accelerator is depressing on its own???? Doesn't give it gas but seems to go down off my foot all by itself. Gotta check in out in the morning. I suspect a spring.

Can't say enough about the drive. Mountains were awesome. I think that was the worst part of my journey as far as stress on the car. So hopefully its all down hill from here. LOL

Weather is getting nicer. So sleepin out doors isn't as bad.

Plannin on being in Oregon in about a week in a half. I got a couple of stops along the way, and family to see. Stay tune.

Frankie

Oh, I'm jealous! Yeah, the Colorado Rockies are amazing!

Better fix that throttle return before it gets you in trouble! On another thread, someone overrevved his engine when his spring broke and he depressed the clutch. Lowes and Home Depot have a small selection of springs. You can also probably rig a small bungee cord just to get you in to your new home.

Enjoy the downhill coast! ;)

Aaahh, I'm jealous! That definitely is a beautiful drive. Drove it once in a '67 datsun roadster which was great. Drove it again in a U-Haul towing a van in the winter; not so nice.

Your trip brings back memories of when I drove my parents Z from LA to Idaho in 1984. It was a gorgeous drive. Especially Northern California and Oregon.

Best of luck for the rest of the trip,

Rich

Hey,

The springs were fine. I drove all day and it only did it to me once in the morning??? HUH, oh well.

I would love to drive through Idaho, but i don't have the time this go around.

Utah was a big surprise. Mountains on top of Plateau's, very scenic. Every turn there was something to take a picture of. I went through monument valley and saw mexican hat. Here are a few pics. The old z looks pretty proud i think. Can't believe its still goin strong.

Great weather, hope it keeps up

Frankie

post-19070-14150808878264_thumb.jpg

post-19070-14150808878598_thumb.jpg

Franke, keep an eye on the weather. At least here in Oregon we are in for a storm and lots of snow in the mountains. Haven't heard about the eastern part of the state . You are not close to us yet but this is the first big storm of our season . Local ski area are looking to 2' to 3' feet at the pass levels over the weekend. For you much depends on what happens east , this is what I am trying to warn you of. If you have family or friends to stay with... , just keep an eye on the storms. This one is only supposed to last a week.

Gary

Hi Frankie, I'm coming into this thread a little late, but it was good to meet you for our drive in the Colorado mountains last weekend. I thought you might like to see a few other pictures from the drive:http://groups.google.com/group/zroad/web/2009-10-jamestown-drive

You and your car did well - the roads were still full of gravel and even a little snow in shaded places, and we probably hit about 10k ft elevation too.

In case I didn't say it at lunch, good for you taking this adventure. I'm sure many of us are living (re-living) our own adventures vicariously through you.

Enjoy!

Daniel

Frankie, your trip through Colorado brings back great memories! I took my 71 through there 30 years ago and the mountain roads were so much fun I had to turn arround and do some of the sections a second time :) Never had any mechanical problems, but the Z was only 8 years old then.

Keep the trip updates coming.

Frankie, thank you for taking the time to share your trip. Reminds me of the time I moved from Columbia, MO to Reno, NV for my first job out of college. Took much of the same route, but didn't enjoy it like you are. Was driving a 4 banger Ranger, pulling a a tiny U-haul full of the few things I owned. It was a handful for the young kid that I was. I arrived with $300 left in my pocket, but my new coworkers took great care of me. After my first day of work, I came home to them sitting on the doorstep of my little apartment. They had brought me a bed and a couch, neither of which I had. I had been sitting on a bucket, and sleeping on the floor. I'll never forget that trip, or the friends I made out there. Enjoy the West.