IGNORED

how do i go fast??!!?!?!?

skater8j8

Well, i have both a Nissan hi output engine (L26) and a v8 in two different Z's, and without question the v8 will walk over ANYTHING that says Nissan on the engine block. The "Z" enthusiast per say are bias in their opionon's. I consider myself to be a very loyal Z enthusiast, however if you want to go fast from stoplight to stoplight ( or preferably on a 1/4 mile track) there ain't a ricer out there that will beat a hipo V8. Just my 2 cents.

Send the Honda's home crying....

400hp and 300ftlb vs. 400hp 500ftlb

someones gonna lose and it ain't #2.

Horsepower sells... Torque moves.

No replacement for displacement.

Personally I would never drop a V8 in a Z, not my style...but at the same time you'll never catch me tryin' to race a V8 with a straight 6 either.

And on the same token I haven't lost on my 600 Ninja yet, but if that should ever happen I can pick up a late model used ZX-12 for under 10k.

Let's Race :devious:

N

A

T

E

Everyone here is thinking horsepower. To go fast (either 1/4 mile or track) you need much more then horsepower. $8,000 is a good budget but it should be broken down this way:

1. $3,000 - chassis and suspension repair and upgrade including poly bushings, new springs, shocks, brakes, engine and trans mounts, and some 15 x 7 rims with 225/50-15 tires.

2. $1,500 - driveline repair and upgrade including 5 speed swap, 3.90 rear, and a LSD.

3. $500 - plumbing and electric repair and upgrade including new radiator, oil cooler, and fixing screwed up wiring.

4. $3,000 - engine rebuild and upgrades to the existing L6 including mild head work, cam, modified L-jetronic fuel injection, header, and exhaust - probably 225 rwhp.

This should result in a high 12 second or low 13 second Z that's reliable and safe and can be run at an autocross or an open track event.

Johns numbers on his list are pretty darn accurate, and the best thing is when you get to the end of that 1/4 mile you can turn :)

I have a list pretty much like what John has listed , and when my financial situation improves I will be doing pretty

much what he suggests.

I have driven high horsepower cars that

can't turn and they aren't much fun.

• 4 weeks later...

if you have bout 8000.00 i would say do the z right an put a skyline rb26 i can get you one for bout 5 or 6. you could do what im doing an just buy a turbo 82 zxt it can hold 15+ psi on stock block an with t04e, npr intercooler, 420cc injector an efi (motech if you have the $$$ROFL or an sds) an some other small things fort just about 4 or 5 grand an thats in the 12's an if any honda can beat that i will kill myself:dead: an youll be hangin with bpu supra some Lt1 an Ls1's. with te turbo an the rb26 eaither way there both cool or you could go ever cheaper an just get a v8 for bout 2500.00 an dont do any thing to it an by killing everthing on the road an if you want to run nitrous u can run low 12's or 11 its very cheap an easy an there is NO WAY the ANY honda at you school we be able to hang wit you if you evev if you gave them a 5 car head start. but your only big problem you will have anthe some problem im bout to run into is finding traction :ermm: an thats just a great feel but not easy on tires. i used to want a honda but now that i got my z i wouldnt trade if for any honda b/c if you drop 3000.00 in to both cars there is noway an honda can make the some power as 3000 in a z no matter what the ricers say:stupid: go to http://www.darius240z.com/ to see one of the fatest z's i have ever seen its sick

e mail me i fyou have any questions i would love to help any ya i can storm280z@aol.com

any just remmeber when goin gets touch boost up:sick: :sick:

One huge advantage of running a larger engine, is not only less strain on the internals, but not having to run 100-116 octane gas to make high HP numbers.

The Camaro which used to be my daily driver, made 411 RWHP with an ignition miss, costing me about 600 RPM less than where I intended to peak out. That was NA, with a streetable cam, and shorty headers, $2260 for most of the parts, minus headers, cold air, and Tunercat, and of course minus the engine costs, stock bottom end.

Whatv the hell is wrong with out guys?, This kid is still in highschool, and the reason he wants the car is so he can race kids at his SCHOOL, im still in HS yea, but youre talking about Nitrous for a kid who prolly has very little experience with high HP cars, thats just crazy, listen man, im in the same spot you are, get a 350, put it in, and that will kill any little honda, and when you have driven that for a while, then do mods, so you woltn kill yourself, do you realize what happens when you hit the nitrous at the wrong engine speeds?, you shoot forward into a field, and come out in a body bag....IF you car dont blow, just get a 350 from http://www.high-performance-engines.com/, i promise you WILL be happy with it.

Skater8j8,

O.k., i have a solution, you want fast and you have eight grand to spend? You can buy my car for $7000.00! It has Less than one thoudsand miles on a Chevy 350 and it will smoke any Ricer car and almost any Muscle car on the road! I am selling because the wife wants a New Mustang and i need a down payment! I already have another Z and a 66 Mustang, so something has to go! If you want particulars on the car let me know, it is immaculate as you can see (attached pics).

post-1589-14150792307441_thumb.jpg