IGNORED

how do i go fast??!!?!?!?

skater8j8

I just recently bought my first car a 240Z. I have about 8 grand and i want to make my car faster then all the gay arse integras,civics,and praludes that are at my school. I need some idias for parts to put in my engine. like exausts, blowers, headers,and stuff. If you have any ideas please tell me!!

also how hard whould it be to put a blower in a stock 240Z engine?

Typically one goes fast by pressing the petal on right all the way down.

Okay just messing with you. Oh come on, you had that one coming.

Blower on a stright 6? Um, sure; why not? But honestly there really is so much you can do wih a Z. Before you start modding like a mad dog, you need to ask yourself what you want to do with the car. Race only? Smoke Hondas all the time? Or do you want a daily driver with some zip?

Bottom line, you can put all $8K in the straight six and there will still be Hondas somewhere that will take you. Or you might consider a V8 swap. If so, go to www.hybridz.org and, believe me, they have great advice. If you want to simply enjoy your Z and still have a little meat under the hood, consider putting a L28 in it from a '75-83 280ZX. Plenty of online help and its more or less a drop in swap.

IMHO, I believe you will enjoy the L28 more and still get performance out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to say man and no insult, but putting a blower on a 240z stock i-6... is just stupid if u ask me, just put an L28 on there with turbo(which can get pricey) and u can beat any honda there is, unless they have twin turbo and the works, but unless u live in a very rich neighborhood... they wont.

Hey If you wanted to go real fast why did you buy a 30 year old car????? Hey you can make a Z fast.... But fast where ..... is this a drag race car,, an autocross car,,, a race car???? Makes a differance . If you just want to blow cars away from light to light,,,, drop a small block into your zcar... you will save a lot of money, and go faster than you will ever be able to believe.. put the rest of your money into good brakes, because a stock 240 cannot stop from 150+ mph... with the small block this will be an easy speed to achieve... Have fun ... Try not to kill yourself.

LOL

Yeah. But for less than $4000.00 you can put in a small block that will surpass any amount of power that any RB engine could ever hope for.. I like the idea of running a Nissan engine in a Z, but if maximum output for minimum bucks is your goal cubic inches always wins. Heck put in a big block and a blower.. AN aluminum big block weighs about the same as a cast iron small block... then 1200 hp is a realialistic goal... Of course the car will disintegrate as soon as you drop the clutch, but what a way to go.

"surpass any amount of power that any RB engine could ever hope for"

I have seen an RB26DETT put out 1350hp before, most of the GTR's in magazines only get mentioned if they up in the 1000's.

of corse that is not very stable hp, they usually can only put out 800hp to 900hp for a reliable day to day hp.

most of the RB engines will get in the 400hp to 500hp range for small amounts of money.

but yes if your in the US an RB is not the best solution. where are you from skater8j8?

of corse that is not very stable hp, they usually can only put out 800hp to 900hp for a reliable day to day hp.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

A. The kid wants to go "fast" for 8 grand.

B. He wants to outrun the Nsync fag in the civic with the cold air

intake and the fart cannon muffler. He's already ahead by

having a light car with a real motor and real potential.

C. I don't care what kind of motor you have 800-900hp is not

reliable.

"Reliable"- Gas, oil, drive...capable of 100,000 miles with minimal maintainance.

I've seen 350hp Hondas last about 20000 tops before valves and rings take a dump.

alright Skater8,

These guys know more about the Z than i do but...

L28, tripple carbs, aggressive cam, header, hi output ignition to keep up, the rest of its gearing.

Keep the shiney side up!

Nate

I am in the middle of a 240z restoration with an RB26DETT motor,

I live in Los Angeles. There IS A GTR authorized dealer here, however engines are too expensive here, I am having one droped to me from England.

Will post some pix of the project in progress later.

Nice Forum!

Henry

I really don't see why everybody wants more than 2 or 3 hundred hp Heck A good running L series with a good cam some port work webers etc is plenty for me... But the V8 is with out a doubt the most bang for the buck... They are cheap, parts are everywhere, they fit easy, Other than being not stock, there is almost no down side..