IGNORED

So... Whats your beer? ID's Checked at the door.

overdrivex

although Sam Adams Boston Lager is ok.

Everytime I hear "Sam Adams" I can't help but think of the following Family Guy scene and laugh:

Video Here: http://www.spike.com/video/family-guy/2795227

"Can I get you some drinks?"

"I'll have a water"

"I'll have a water, but with lemon"

"I'll have a Sam Adams"

"It's 9:30 in the morning"

"Yeah and don't you have an outstanding D.U.I.?"

"I need to get the taste of Weed and Hooker spit out of my mouth"

"I'll have a Sam Adams too."

I guess funny advertising really DOES work.

2795227.jpg

Great thread!!! I am a micro brew whore!!! Love the Family Guy quotes btw!!

My absolute favorite beer of all time is Founders Double Trouble IPA 9.4%!!!! 86 IBU (you know a beer is good when they list the rate of the international bitterness unit on the bottle) and unbelievably delicious. 3 of them and you are $hit housed. They are also expensive as hell at $10 for a 4 pack of 12 oz.

Second favorite is Lagunitas Maximus which is also about 9% IPA. IPA's are the best!!! I can't drink sissy light beer anymore.

Other goodens:

Dogfish 60, 90 and 120 minute IPA

Stone Ruination IPA

Racer 5 IPA

Arrogant Bastard Ale

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Edited by five&dime

Moose Drool is a local flavor here...

I still curse the beer gods for not allowing distribution of Moose Drool east of the Mississippi. Anytime we're in Bozeman I fill the back of the aircraft with as much as it will hold and cherish each bottle while they last.:laugh:

Sweetwater Brewery out of Atlanta, GA has a pretty good lineup as well.

Delirium Tremens is not bad, if nothing else they win high marks for the name (Latin for "trembling madness")

Edited by citjet

Other goodens:

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

You can get Dead Guy in VA? Who knew! It's better on tap, though.

I forgot one - Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, from a small brewery in Fort Bragg, CA. Great on tap, so-so in bottles.

Ok, heres one.. Theres a local beer brewed in St. Lucia called 'Piton' (named after a mountain). Of course I can't find it anywhere here... but it was really good. I drank alot of it because it was hot there and the beer was free at the resort. It could also be that I recall it being better than it was for that very same reason.

The sell Dead Guy at the local Krogers here :)

Theres something I miss about the U.S.. You can just walk into a grocery store and buy beer and liquor. I don't recall if theres any 'between the hours of..' limit on it or not.

Here in Canada you can only buy beer at "The Beer Store" (seriously)..which is a regulated store in which they only sell beer or the "L.C.B.O" store which sells spirits, wine, and beer (but not in cases, mostly imported and micro-brews).

Theres something I miss about the U.S.. You can just walk into a grocery store and buy beer and liquor. I don't recall if theres any 'between the hours of..' limit on it or not.

Here in Canada you can only buy beer at "The Beer Store" (seriously)..which is a regulated store in which they only sell beer or the "L.C.B.O" store which sells spirits' date=' wine, and beer (but not in cases, mostly imported and micro-brews).[/quote']What are the laws there on brewing your own? It's not all that hard to homebrew pretty decent stuff.

Great idea for a thread...

Let's see what's in the fridge....Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA

Last week Full Sail IPA

Next week--something from STONE. I will be stopping in to see Les at Classic Datsun next week--and the almighty STONE Brewery is right over the hill. Life is good.

I'm getting thirsty and it's only 8:20 in the morning...