IGNORED

240Z with 41k Original Miles up for Sale

Just out of curiosity, I ran an on-line quote with FedEx for their covered transportation using the main Las Vegas Zip code and Jeff's Zip Code and here's how it came out....just about what Jeff thought it would be.

Description Charges

Line Haul Charges $1,629.00

Fuel Surcharge (11.5%) $187.00

Geographic Upcharge (Las Vegas, NV 89109 US) $50.00

Loading/Unloading Fee (1973 Datsun 240Z) $100.00

Origination Fee (1973 Datsun 240Z) $100.00

Total: $2,066.00

Enclosed transportation

Transit miles 2715

Vehicle information

Make and model Vehicle Type Year Special Info

Datsun 240Z Passenger Car 1973

Edited by lonetreesteve

Yes I am shipping to MA. FedEx seemed to be high at $2K. I also checked Direct Auto Transport and they were at $1600. I have a good friend that owns Minuteman Transport in FL. He will find me a carrier and he estimates $1300 -$1500. It would be to costly for him to go to NV and up to MA. I'll let you all know what the final price is.

Jeff Mader

Zed, I just realized something. Did you post on Nasioc about your car? The color/wheels/airdam, your join date, location, etc. coincide with a poster on Nasioc talking about his 240z.

Yes I am shipping to MA. FedEx seemed to be high at $2K. I also checked Direct Auto Transport and they were at $1600. I have a good friend that owns Minuteman Transport in FL. He will find me a carrier and he estimates $1300 -$1500. It would be to costly for him to go to NV and up to MA. I'll let you all know what the final price is.

Jeff Mader

Whichever carrier you choose, make sure it's one that is enclosed. Enclosed carriers cost a little more, but they take a lot better care of your car than an open carrier. The obvious difference is that your car is protected from all the elements like hail, rain, flying gravel, sand, bird crap, etc.