IGNORED

act your age. Wait no... Post your age

five&dime

I'll be 28 next month. My Dad bought a '73 510 new before I was born. He autocrossed it quite a bit until his children arrived, but he still took my sister and me for drives on the weekends. I'll never forgot how cool it was and decided that I needed a Datsun of my own so I bought a z almost two years ago. I attached a picture of the 510 from 1980 very shortly before Mt. St. Helens blew. Unfortunately he sold it to my older brother who managed to wrap it around a pole long before I could have ever driven it. My Dad said he wished he would have bought a 240z in retrospect.

Marc

post-15462-14150806474066_thumb.jpg

post-15462-14150806474733_thumb.jpg

post-15462-14150806475308_thumb.jpg

Edited by warcmalla

seems like we did this awhile back, but i don't mind to give a short life history of my z addiction.

i am 53 and bought my first z after former President Carter had interest rates around 21% back in 80 or 81.

it was a 79 280ZX and i loved that car. and paying that kind of interest, you know i wanted it bad.

sold it after getting married, in 82. fast forward 20 years or so, and we begin another love with the Z.

when my daughter got to high school, all of a sudden the old 92 Sentra that was handed down to her wasn't cool anymore, so the wife and i thought it would be neat to put her in a Z, like we had way back when we first started dating and honeymooned in.

not finding one nice enough, we switched from looking for a 79 to a later model, 88 SS shiro. i flew out to Sacremento, CA and drove that one back. the only problem was, after driving all those miles coming back to Arkansas, i fell in love all over again with the Z, and returning, i told the daughter sorry, but this is too fast, too rare, and its' mine.

we found another Z down in Dallas, a 93 300ZX na, and again, i flew down, bought it, and drove it back. and everything worked out great, because my daughter liked the looks and ride of the 93 better than the SS.

she drove it for several years, and then sold it to her fiancee'. who still has it and loves it also.

my daughter is now in a '93 300 vert, and it is a pretty nice Z, after getting new leather on the seats, and a new top.

the SS was sold, and is now in another Z fanatic's hands, and i bought a '74 260Z 2+2 which looks ruff, but has a rebuilt engine, 5 speed tranny, and four wheel disc brakes. one day it will be in the paint shop and have new interior, and it will be a really sweet ride.

my oldest son, inherited the old '92 Sentra with around 400 thousand miles on it, and was driving it back and forth to college, until he was hit head on, and totaled the car.

accident wasn't his fault and he is now in a '02 Sentra SE R, and loves that car. i figure one day the 260 will be his.

i also just recently purchased a '69 2000 roadster, and it is my pride and joy. it is so neat, cruising around town, and getting all the questions as most people in these parts have never seen one of those and didn't even know it existed. i have one more son, and i figure that he will end up with that one day, as right now, he loves to cruise in it with dad.

the wife is driving a '01 Maxima SE and she says if they ever come back with a manual tranny like she drives now, she might be tempted to trade.

and lastly, i work out of a '01 Frontier, which has rolled over 380 thousand miles on it after buying it new.

all vehicles in the driveway are Nissan or Datsuns, and last Thanksgiving, when everyone was home, i pulled them all out in the front lawn and got this shot. wow, i just went on and on and ,,,,,,,,, are you sorry you asked?:classic:

post-6449-14150806475886_thumb.jpg

Edited by sleepyzzz
no picture

Still hanging in!! Will be 76 on September 6th of this year. Many of you have seen the SilverBullet240Z at many of the shows and conventions. Its appeared in 45 or more shows. Its driven from Canada to Texas. Never trailored. In 2006 it was driven over 6,000 miles between May and the end of June. From NH down to the Tail of the Dragon and then down to Dallas-Ft Worth for the convention. Last summer won the Larz Anderson Automotive Museum, in Boston, Best of Show, on Japanese Car and Motorcycle Day. Best Japanese Import at the Make A Wish Foundatio Classic in Boston. Appeared in NJ and Ct shows and was awarded two 1st place trophys in the Import Car Wars. Really enjoy driving the car around the country. The winters are the most difficult to take here in NH. We had 100 inches of snow this winter. Hope to have the Bullet out on the road by May, myself included!

ken

One Z previously in the family when I was about 13. A 260 2+2 with a built 2800. Mum put us into a low speed roll over. (no shoulder road with a nasty drop-off). A few locals new it had the hot engine and hounded mom until she sold it. My interest has primarily been in the v8 swaps, but the Z I own now is so clean it will probably remain L6 and I'll just pick up another fox body mustang to have my v8 fun with.

thor

Ken - I love the SilverBullet240Z and what you are doing with it... DRIVING IT!

You are a true inspiration to us who are just getting into Z's and hoping to put some serious milage on our cars and smilage on our faces.