IGNORED

Clock repair for Z's

Thank you Ron,

I thought they can not be interchangeable, I was wrong.Thank you Ron:)

I have tried a earlier clock with a earlier box and a later box.The later box did not do anything ,that was just because the later box was completely dead, now I understand.

In Japan I sent the dead later box to a repair shop,the shop lives up with its skill for long time. But the shop could not repair the later box.

kats

Edited by kats

We have deviated from Zedyones's original intent of showing us his beautifully restored clock and I feel guilty putting this info here. Maybe the rally clock content should have been redirected?

I just thought I could add to the rally clock info base somewhat. I have had several of these but did not notice the differences in harnesses from the early and later versions until MikeB posted the pics of his later version. The early version does not have the short jumper harness coming from the oscillator with the individual connectors. As well, I have included a pic of the backside of my early humming type oscillator. It has an identification number that may help to distinguish it from the later quartz crystal oscillator, when shopping for one. I would be interested in seeing the backside of others in order to compare numbers. The clock in my pic is the early 27385-E4100 and the oscillator is the early 27395-E4100.

post-12938-14150813906639_thumb.jpg

post-12938-14150813907266_thumb.jpg

If I had one of the late boxes for a month or so I might be able to figure out what the mystery parts are that are not available.

Ron,

When I send my early clock, early oscillator, and later oscillator to you... You can hold on to the later oscillator box for further diagnosis if you wish. I will not be in a rush to get it back, and I think everyone else would like to know if their later boxes can be fixable :)

Geezer,

I just worked on a RC that had SN 2032 on the osc box.

Ron

Since the early and later types are visually identical, without opening the case, I was hoping to learn the significance of these numbers and learning if the "type" could be determined from them. Was the one numbered 2032 an early type?

Edit: I'm guessing since you refer to it as a serial number it would have to be an early type.

Edited by geezer

geezer,

Not sure if you can use SN to determine early or late box.

SN 2032 was the later box and I have records that show a SN 2092 was an early box. In addition I have worked on a SN 0013 which was a very early box.

It seems to be consistent that if the wire harness has the 6 pin plug that all the ones I've seen are the later boxes. I believed that JECO started producing the later boxes in

74 . I worked one box that had a 240 bezel on the clock housing with a 6 pin connector and another clock set that had a late 260/280 bezel on the housing that had a 6 pin connector. The connector seems to be the tell because it showed up on the late 260 and went through 78.

just my 2C.

Ron

• 10 months later...