IGNORED

car shipping companies.

I have used DAS and the car arrived with every orifice stuffed with Oregon snow. Grants Pass I suspect. This, somehow in a closed trailer. This last time, I used Horseless Carraige. Very careful and meticulous. I give them 5 stars!

• 14 years later...

It's certainly been a LONG while since anyone has posted on this thread, but I chose it due to its "purity" of topic.

Does anyone have any recent experience in shipping a car - any car, not just a Z - using a commercial carrier?  I've gotten a number of quotes for what I need to do and, of course, ALL of them claim to be "5-star" or "the best in the business" and, quite rightly, I think, I'm leery of such self-promotion.  A couple refer to reviews posted on www.transportreviews.com and, once again, I'm leery as this website might simply be a smokescreen with phantom posts or ratings generated by how much the companies are paying the website proprietor.

I rely upon the honest opinions of folks on this website because I know quite a few of you from my years of being here and also know that we all love our Z cars and try to help one another whenever we can.  So, I'm hoping that collective wisdom can provide answers to my concerns.

13 minutes ago, Seppi72 said:

It's certainly been a LONG while since anyone has posted on this thread, but I chose it due to its "purity" of topic.

Does anyone have any recent experience in shipping a car - any car, not just a Z - using a commercial carrier?  I've gotten a number of quotes for what I need to do and, of course, ALL of them claim to be "5-star" or "the best in the business" and, quite rightly, I think, I'm leery of such self-promotion.  A couple refer to reviews posted on www.transportreviews.com and, once again, I'm leery as this website might simply be a smokescreen with phantom posts or ratings generated by how much the companies are paying the website proprietor.

I rely upon the honest opinions of folks on this website because I know quite a few of you from my years of being here and also know that we all love our Z cars and try to help one another whenever we can.  So, I'm hoping that collective wisdom can provide answers to my concerns.

This may help some. https://www.hagerty.com/media/advice/shipping-a-car-heres-how-and-why-to-make-the-right-choice/

https://www.hagerty.com/assets/PDF/DomesticShipping.pdf

https://www.hagerty.com/resources/how-tos/10-car-shipping-and-transportation-tips

• Like 1