IGNORED

you're getting old if u remember....

zhead240

P.F. Flyers were the original "high-top" sneakers, but with the flat soles. Converse bought the company and renamed it NewBalance.

I believe Converse All Stars (1917), AKA Chuck Taylors, predate P.F. Flyers (1937) by 20 years. They are high tops and have flat soles. I know, I owned several pairs as a kid, as well as the P.F. Flyers.

Damn, I'm 29 and I remember all those!!!!

Is it just me did does NOTHING taste better than Coke from a bottle?

Coke tastes much better when there's Bourbon in it.

You are old when you remember when vinyl played at 78 and had the larger centre hole.

Dad could only afford older cars. So alot of the cars had flat head engines. One car he had was a 4 door with suicide doors. And you could walk into a hardware store and get dynamite if you needed to blow things up. I watch dad blow stumps up in our backyard.

When color tv was a novelty.

When AM radio was king.

"Art Deco" was "in."

And even older:

Cars with wooden chassis'

How about the largest screen was a 6'' then they sold a large magnifying glass that you put in front of the screen so you could look at a distorted picture from about 10 feet. My brother and Mon and Dad used to bring folding chairs and joined a bunch of neighbors in front of the appliance store and watch the TV in the store window. Morgan built a great roadster with a wooden frame. Vary collectible now. Our cars then required oil changes every 1000 miles ! Gary

gnosez, you and I are virtually the same age but I think Gary's recollections have us both beat! I remember gas actually being less than that, about 20 cents/gal. I'm surprised that none of us older guys mentioned the Steve Allen Show, The Tonight Show before Johnny Carson (Jack Paar and Steve Allen acutally preceded Carson as hosts), and the many daytime after school dance shows like Shindig, Shivaree, American Bandstand, etc.