you're getting old if u remember.... - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

you're getting old if u remember....

Featured Replies

headlite dimmer switches on the floor

ignition switch on the dashboard

small cokes in glass bottles

or any soda in glass bottles

drive-ins

dinners with table side juke boxes

pf flyers

I just turned 35 in November, and I remember all of those...

I am 20, my dads truck has both the floor dimmer and the dash ignition. We have a drive in, and the sonic has juke boxes....

  • Author

party phone lines

butch wax

wringer washers

I am 20, my dads truck has both the floor dimmer and the dash ignition. We have a drive in, and the sonic has juke boxes....

Yeah, but you're in Arkansas... Just Kidding (I'm in North Carolina, so I shouldn't talk).

One item that should be on the list is the good old 8 track player (either car mounted-externally to the dash) or the deluxe home stereo with quadraphonic sound.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
party phone lines

butch wax

wringer washers

Heard of party line and have a wringer washer (non working) but dont know what butch wax is

Don't leave us hangin'...gotta tell us about this "butch wax". I'm getting scarey images burnt in my brain!LOL

You are getting old if you remember the milkman coming with a horse drawn cart.

You are getting old if you remember using an Xray machine when trying on a new pair of shoes.

You are getting old if you remember the Doctor coming to the house.

You are getting old if you remember being able to buy a good used car for $50.00, with the plates on it already and insurance was only a suggestion.

You are getting old if you completed your schooling before there was any such thing as "fast food".

You are getting old if you were the first one on the block with a reverb unit in your car.

You are getting old if you had a telephone made out of wood.

HaHa - That's another one.. your getting old if you recognize George Goebel. I was a rural hic that never heard of butch wax, but then again I didn't know what a curb was till I was 13.

Butch wax, eh. Guess thats the same sort of stuff as brill cream?

Actually small cokes do come in glass bottles again. Well at least here in Aus you can get them again, but its better value to get the small coke in a plastic bottle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.